Bell's Official Clone, twice dry hopped in first week, when to transfer to keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TkmLinus

Reaction score
I just did the second dry hop on day of fermentation for a Bell's Official clone (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2239/2667/files/Official_All_Grain_Recipe.pdf?102). I normally let my beers sit 3 weeks in the fermenter before kegging. Will it be alright to sit on the hops for 2 more weeks or should I go ahead and get it off the hops and into the keg 5 days or so after the second dry hop? The keg would then sit at room temperature for a few weeks as room is made. Thoughts?

Interesting hop schedule, I'm even wearing my Bells Official t-shirt today!

2 weeks shouldn't hurt, people leave dry hops in their serving keg for weeks on end. You have to wonder about grassy green flavors though. This might also be a good opportunity to keg-carbonate if you don't mind the yeast (considering the same happens in bottles).

I might have to take a stab at this, I have been a fan of this brew for a few years now and I love that a 6-er still cost about $12. Then again, I like wheat beers.

Back