Belgian Witbier Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majd

Reaction score
Hi,
This was my second Belgian WitBier brew. First one was OK, I made couple of small changes and I did the second brew. All brewing went fine, hit all parameters on the nose, OG=1.046. Added the orange zest last 10 minutes, and whirl pooled for 15 more minutes. After the first week, air luck is still actively bubbling at a steady speed 3-4 times a minute, gravity was 1.030, but since the fermentation still going on I did not care much. However, the sample I took for hydrometer reading tasted a very strong orange rind (bitter orange peel flavor). I realized that I made a mistake while zesting and did pick a lot the white rind stuff. The bitterness is really strong, orange peel taste, any ideas what one can do to reduce this peel taste? Would it go away by itself? Is there any other addition to cover / mask that bitterness?

Thanks to all your help

i has like you the bitternes and orange taste after the fermentation but after two weeks in bottle it looks well the bitternes and taste are ok
i put 10 gr of the bitter orange to 14 litres of witbier

Latest posts

Back