Beersmith 2.0 equipment set-up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau Diddly

Reaction score
I brew with a 1/2 barrel keg (15.5 gallons) and mash with a 70 quart cooler. When I try to set up my equipment on Beersmith, there are many choices, but none for my set-up. I'm not sure that "close enough" works. If I have a recipe and change the equipment, it can make a major difference. It seems like my brewing set-up is about as common as you can get. Any suggestions on how I should set it up?

You can set up your own equipment profile and save it. I have a couple saved depending on how I'm brewing, i.e. 5 or 10 gallon batch.

Part of it you can just measure. If you have places where wort collects and cannot be transferred to the boil kettle, use water, then measure how much is left. Input that figure in the profile. Save it to a name you will remember, then after the next brew look at the results and make corrections. It may take a few adjustments.

If you haven't already go to the help and look at all the videos, several times. That is one of the best resources for learning Beersmith.

Copy the "Brew pot 15 gal and cooler" profile and rename it (I think it's the same as the "All grain large + cooler" profile). Then go in and correct the tun volume and weight for your actual cooler. As mentioned above don't forget to input your actual losses like mash tun dead space, boil off, etc.

Back