Beer Tasting at My House!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasWine

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey HBT gang. I know that we all love beer here. I also know that a lot of us dream about that day we quit our day jobs, open our own breweries, and spend the rest of our lives doing this hobby of ours for a living. But the fact is that a whole slew of really good reasons will keep most of us from ever doing this.

Here’s another thing I know about HBT. We’re in it for the community. We share, critique, ask, prod, question and otherwise pour a significant amount of energy into this group where most of us are complete strangers in real life.

So in the name of beer and community, my wife and I wanted to invite you all over for a beer tasting at my house on Saturday, February 21st at 4:00 PM.

What’s unique about this tasting is that the beer will be provided by Lazarus Brewing Company from Austin, Texas. Lazarus is a start up brewery that I've had the opportunity to invest in, allowing me to vicariously quit my day job. But it’s not just any brewery. This is a brewery with a purpose. This brewery will bring people together, get to know the community and invest in that community socially, culturally, and spiritually. Even more specifically, a portion of the brewery’s proceeds will go toward church planting.

The CEO and founder of Lazarus, Christian Cryder, will be joining us to answer any questions you might have concerning the beer and the vision of Lazarus. In the meantime here is a four-minute video with Christian that explains the vision better than I can. (This video is slightly dated, so please disregard the request for monthly financial support at the end.)

[ame]http://vimeo.com/99831590[/ame]

We live west of downtown Houston just inside the 610 loop at Ella and 11th – and no matter where you live you are invited and welcome!

Just PM me and I can give you our address and such. Really hope to get to hang out with some of you in real life.

If you are in Harris County, you should be growing persimmons for wine. It's a great place to do so. Have fun at your party.

This looks like a really awesome idea. I'm going to look into this some more and may help financially if it's in line with my beliefs and faith. I would also be thrilled to come to the tasting on the 21st, but I will be out of town at a Men's retreat that day with my own local church. I hope your event is a success, and if you have future events in Houston, I would attend if at all possible.

What fun! Unfortunately, we're about 4 hours away and so it's not an easy day trip for us. I wish we could come, and wish you all the best. Please post the pictures of the event!

Back