Beer tap handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stumbled upon a big bag of inserts for $1 a piece. DIY handles, here I come!

Just stumbled upon a big bag of inserts for $1 a piece. DIY handles, here I come!

they were around 50¢ at Lowe's not that a dollar is breaking the bank, but its not the cheapest they can be had for

-=Jason=-

A supplier in Canada is selling them for a few dollars a piece, so I am envious of the 50 cent price!!

Hey, no problem. Ends up being the same price, really. Not a lot yet of cost yet an opportunity for some interesting brew handle experiments!

B

I'll need to see if anyone I know has a lathe I could use... I have some nice walnut that I could turn into handles. I might have some other wood that can be used too (saved it from when I was making knives)... I even have some elk horn that I could make into handles. I'll need to check the old handle material inventory, but I might even have some deer antler too.

I'll post up what I have for antlers/horns (pictures) later, if anyone's interested in some...

I'd be interested to see what you create. FYI, I think you can find inexpensive starter lathes at hardware stores. Canadian Tire has them for about $100. Probably not great, but for the number of handles I'm going to make, likely good enough.

B

Rockler.com has the threaded inserts for 8.69 for a package of 8. Make as many as you want, sell the leftover inserts to a friend.....heck make extra handles and sell them at your next brew club meeting!!!

Back