Beer related Christmas present

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does she need any equipment? If you have the money and time, why not plan a brewery vacation; traveling around and hitting up various breweries and great brew pubs. I am sure that it would be something to be remembered (that is of you don't drink too awful much) and a great experience.

I cannot wait to do this with my gf someday.

That would be great but I am not going to be in the US for Christmas. This has to be a mail order gift of some sort.

So, what you are saying is....
My wife "brews" while i'm deployed. She is basically learning on the fly and I am going to get her more brew equipment for Christmas for her to brew me more beer. WOW...just wow. My wife is cool, but at some point they have to draw the line.

I was thinking something that is not equipment but maybe some sort of antique to display in the house.

Bar mirrors (ya know, with like a guinness or newcastle or some such logo on them)? Actually, one of the coolest beer related decorations we have in our house is a bodhran (irish drum) with the guinness logo on it.

Antique bench cappers can be found relatively cheap and are quite beautiful. I paid 20 bucks for one, and the cast iron has a beautiful patina after I got rid of the rust, and it has a neat wooded base.

capper.jpg

360317562051_0.jpg

1_cf94641b33bb331cd68b4a8eda40d7d7.jpg

4753000712_ce013d58c9_m.jpg

Mine is similar to this except the patina is black on it, and it is mounted on a nice wooden base that I tongue oiled and it looks great. The wood appeared to be barnwood which I love.

1_4c3c4133ac9dbe3114a9a15c23c1c730.jpg

Latest posts

Back