Beer near Wildwood, NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auger

Reaction score
I will be heading down to Wildwood for TROG in a few weeks. Anything beer-wise in that area that is worth checking out? Anything special available down there that I can't get here in CT? I know it's not that far away, so it might not be a big deal, but figured I'd ask.

You're close enough to Cape May that if you can spare an extra day, it's well worth the ferry trip across to Lewes DE and a visit to both the Dogfish Head brewery and the Rehoboth brewpub. I lived in Wildwood years ago for a couple of summers and lived right up the street from a place that is now called Good Night Irene's...they didn't have quite the craft selection then, but they had decent food, and hey, most if not all of the beers they have on tap didn't exist then!

Kane Head High or Carton Boat are the best. Forgotten Boardwalk Funnel Cake is unique and worth a taste if it's on nitro.

If you are anywhere near Cape May Brewery or Three 3's, they are also good.

Enjoy diry jer-z.

Cape May Brewing is good. I'll second Forgotten Boardwalk beers; they're my new favorite "local" beer. IF you can find the Funnel Cake ale or What the Butler Saw wit, they're worth a try, especially if they have any of the special editions (Coffee Cake!).

Back