Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sand Diego is correct and the warship that I am referring to is the USS Midway. If you get the chance to visit the museum, I would recommend it. I actually went through boot camp in SD and my family made a mini vacation when they came out to attend the graduation.

Wonderful weather, we would have black flag weather days where they wouldn't let us PT outside because of heat. Being from Mississippi my whole life, I always scoffed at what they were calling too hot.

Anyhow, lets hope everything makes it OK.

Well then, Semper Fi brother

Sand Diego is correct and the warship that I am referring to is the USS Midway. If you get the chance to visit the museum, I would recommend it. I actually went through boot camp in SD and my family made a mini vacation when they came out to attend the graduation.

Wonderful weather, we would have black flag weather days where they wouldn't let us PT outside because of heat. Being from Mississippi my whole life, I always scoffed at what they were calling too hot.

Anyhow, lets hope everything makes it OK.

I did boot in Parris Island way back in 98. My family came out for graduation...the day we finished the Crucible it was 89 degrees, the practice days for graduation was 90...graduation day, 62. Flying back home on Christmas eve and we were stuck in a holding pattern above the city for 3 hours due to three inches of snow on the ground.

I did boot in Parris Island way back in 98. My family came out for graduation...the day we finished the Crucible it was 89 degrees, the practice days for graduation was 90...graduation day, 62. Flying back home on Christmas eve and we were stuck in a holding pattern above the city for 3 hours due to three inches of snow on the ground.

I picked up my little brother from Parris Island after his graduation, what a terrible place.

We had much more fun when I picked him up from 29 Palms and drove to Vegas for his 72 hrs leave before his first deployment :rockin:

I picked up my little brother from Parris Island after his graduation, what a terrible place.

We had much more fun when I picked him up from 29 Palms and drove to Vegas for his 72 hrs leave before his first deployment :rockin:

I did MOS training at 29 Stumps from February until July of 99. What a long few months that was, although the surrounding area was really nice. The sunrise views while standing firewatch in the morning were very nice, too. Nothing beat watching that sun rise from Sugar Cookie Mountain.

Got a BIF from point city-homebrew aka Jeremy a couple days back in the middle of fire evacs and crazy busy work week. Super excited to try nugget nectar and I love zombie. Not picture is a yazoo dos perros which I immediately chilled and drank. Thanks! Oh ps the bottle opener is super cool. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400521711.179700.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You are most welcome. I am glad you like the bottle opener I started hand carving those about 2 months ago and recently have been using them in trades, They work great if I do say so myself.

Enjoy

Got a BIF from point city-homebrew aka Jeremy a couple days back in the middle of fire evacs and crazy busy work week. Super excited to try nugget nectar and I love zombie. Not picture is a yazoo dos perros which I immediately chilled and drank. Thanks! Oh ps the bottle opener is super cool.View attachment 200401

Nice. Super jealous. Been wanting to try nugget nectar and zombie dust for sometime now. Is that a wood bottle opener with a metal circle screwed into to crack the caps? Very cool

This week has been hell, but this BIF from ledhead turned it around! Dunno what I did to deserve these treats but thank you very kindly, sir!!!

Just spreading some beer love! Enjoy and glad they came at a good time!

Good job zdbrown1 I always think of Bif from Back to the Future when I look through this thread. I should be able t pick up a name in the next coming weeks, got vacation coming up and all.

Glad they made it safe... Only wish you were feeling better so you could enjoy one tonight. Although those stouts might be just what the doctor ordered to get you over that flu!

Just happy to spread some beer karma to some of the generous people around here! CHEERS and get well soon.

Z

Back