Beer I love but don't wanna clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumber_bob

Reaction score
Sam Smith"s organic chocolate stout.

I'm scared my waste line will be affected. That chit is too good.

I limit myself to 4 bottles a month.

Any thoughts from ya'll?

pb

The S Smith sounds good, I'll have to keep a eye out for that one. DFH 60 minute IPA, by far is my favorite and afraid to clone it. Still looking for a staple beer to make.

Kilkenny, I love that stuff but if I knew I could make a good clone, I'd be shelling out money for a keg/nitro setup

The S Smith sounds good, I'll have to keep a eye out for that one. DFH 60 minute IPA, by far is my favorite and afraid to clone it. Still looking for a staple beer to make.

I'm making the 60 minute this weekend! The recipe is in sams book, seems like it. Will be easy and delicious!

What I wouldn't want to clone, storm king stout by victory

I made a spot on Stone IRS about two years ago that came in at a little over 10% ABV. I really enjoyed having a pint when I came home from work, but no one else could handle it. I only have room for 3 kegs, so after about 2 months and a good 3 gallons drank, I had to bottle up the rest of it to make room for more brewing. The week that I tried to "wax off" the keg by myself sucked. I enjoyed the beer immensely more one pint a day.

I probably wouldn't brew it again, or any really high ABV beer, based on the legistics of having to drink it all myself, but if I did, I'd definitely at least bottle the whole batch.

I made a spot on Stone IRS about two years ago that came in at a little over 10% ABV. I really enjoyed having a pint when I came home from work, but no one else could handle it. I only have room for 3 kegs, so after about 2 months and a good 3 gallons drank, I had to bottle up the rest of it to make room for more brewing. The week that I tried to "wax off" the keg by myself sucked. I enjoyed the beer immensely more one pint a day.

I probably wouldn't brew it again, or any really high ABV beer, based on the legistics of having to drink it all myself, but if I did, I'd definitely at least bottle the whole batch.

That reminds me of, Unearthly, I can only handle one bottle at a time. Tried 2 in a row a few times and it was too much.

pb

I brewed a clone of Stone RIS a month ago. It is one of my favorite beers, but I knew I wanted to bottle it rather than keg it. Today I racked it to a secondary (which I never do) to bulk age for a few months and then bottle. The sample from taking a gravity reading tasted very promising. It came out just a hair under 10%.

Sam Smith"s organic chocolate stout.

I'm scared my waste line will be affected. That chit is too good.

I limit myself to 4 bottles a month.

Any thoughts from ya'll?

pb

One of my favorite beers.I made a vanilla/ chocolate cream stout
that was very close.After it was kegged I only would drink it from a
flight glass for fear I would'nt be able to recreate my success.

One of my favorite beers.I made a vanilla/ chocolate cream stout
that was very close.After it was kegged I only would drink it from a
flight glass for fear I would'nt be able to recreate my success.

I bought several bottles when I first discovered it. I drank so many, I started running into the floor. Had to quit.:tank:

It tastes like liquid candy to me. :ban:

pb --- sometimes gravity sucks!

Damnit, Rideandbrew!

Now you got me to open the last one!!!
20130401_183507.jpg

pb :mug:

Brewdog Tokyo.

If I had 19-25 liters of it... I'd never see the light of day again.

Back