Basement Bar Time!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMoose

Reaction score
Taking bits of plans from many of the various build threads on this forum I took full advantage of a week of free time to make a room in the basement a little more homebrewer - friendly.

The frame is all 2x4 (with a few 1x3s) with 1/2 and 3/4in plywood covering. I stuck strictly to a budget of $300 (I already had a kegerator/tap system), I decided to go with the accent lighting over a hardwood veneer for the bar top but with a plenty of stain and poly it turned out just fine. The bar rail is just common board with vinyl fabric stretched over foam, an very comfortable (both to lean against, and on my wallet) idea borrowed from this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/basement-bar-build-317745/

The basement room was partially finished but the adjacent storage room was not. The kegerator sits in the storage room and the taps run through the wall, it isn't the prettiest contraption in the storage room but it works well (no foam issues, and no dedicated fan blowing into the PVC pipe containing the lines). The picture was taken before I finished sealing up the box that houses the lines, now just the top is removable but the whole thing is insulated. With a little more foresight I could have centered my faucets under the chalkboard, but given the stud locations and my desire to have a wider shelving unit in the corner that would have been an obnoxious option to pursue.

Overall I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Very cool, I like the basement/dungeon pub look. Could have some great times down there. I love seeing all the different styles of custom bars our their.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401124499.997954.jpg I built my with reclaimed barn wood for the top and laid down 1/8" epoxy top coat.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401124578.301719.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Very cool, I like the basement/dungeon pub look. Could have some great times down there. I love seeing all the different styles of custom bars our their.View attachment 201873 I built my with reclaimed barn wood for the top and laid down 1/8" epoxy top coat.View attachment 201875

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I considered covering the ceiling beams with something to make it look more polished, but I think I like the exposed beam look. There is quite a bit of other space in the basement left, I will be looking for a poker table and possibly some other game tables at garage sales the next few weeks.

Your barn wood looks great! I will probably do an epoxy coat or more poly at some point in the future (the vinyl rail is detachable), but for now we have some gatherings planned and need to be using the bar!

Back