Barley Wine is ruining me.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdxhophead

Reaction score
Over the last few days I have started drinking my finished barley wine. At first the flavor was like wonderful slap on the taste buds from the beer gods, it was love at first taste. But after drinking it for a few days the flavor doesn't seem as intense. I'm worried that I'm getting used to all that strong flavor and if I try to drink anything else it's gonna taste like dumpster juice. . . . . . What is a home brewer to do?. . . . . . I guess the only solution is to continue brewing and drink nothing but this or something better/stronger forever.

:ban:
:rockin:

pdxhophead said:
Over the last few days I have started drinking my finished barley wine. At first the flavor was like wonderful slap on the taste buds from the beer gods, it was love at first taste. But after drinking it for a few days the flavor doesn't seem as intense. I'm worried that I'm getting used to all that strong flavor and if I try to drink anything else it's gonna taste like dumpster juice. . . . . . What is a home brewer to do?. . . . . . I guess the only solution is to continue brewing and drink nothing but this or something better/stronger forever.

:ban:
Two things:
1. Yes... you are ruined :mug:
2. What was your recipe? If you don't mind sharing.

Well, normally I wouldn't do this, but since you're local and you seem to be in a bind....

Give me your address, and that bothersome barleywine will automagically disappear some time in the night. I will sacrifice myself by choking it down to dispose of it. This is to save your sanity, your wife, and quite possibly... your life.

Pffffffffffffffffffft....

You'll be fine, before being a beer enthusiast, I started off on scotch and bourbon. Weekly, its a couple glasses of bourbon or scotch weeknight and on the weekends its beer, tastes great to me!

Sean

EvilTOJ said:
Well, normally I wouldn't do this, but since you're local and you seem to be in a bind....

Give me your address, and that bothersome barleywine will automagically disappear some time in the night. I will sacrifice myself by choking it down to dispose of it. This is to save your sanity, your wife, and quite possibly... your life.

OH thank you so much you are a life saver EvilTOJ! My address is . . . . . . . . Yea right, nice try though.

:D

Back