Barley Crusher gapping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkanaganMike

Reaction score
I've got a barley crusher and have been using it for a couple of years, wanted to open it up all the way to see how wide it went and now after closing it back up, I can't seem to get it to grind below .054 of a gap. I'v e opened it, closed it over a few times and the teeth just won't grab. :(
Ideas?

I would suspect clogging of the bushings along with misalignment of the end frames. Might consider taking it apart and giving it a good cleaning before putting it back together and squaring it up on the mounting board.

fwiw, for straight barley I run my BC at .036" gap...

Cheers!

I would suspect clogging of the bushings along with misalignment of the end frames. Might consider taking it apart and giving it a good cleaning before putting it back together and squaring it up on the mounting board.

fwiw, for straight barley I run my BC at .036" gap...

Cheers!

.036 was about where I was before opening it up. I took the front and back panels off to see what was going on. Thought maybe the teeth weren't aggressive enough and thought maybe switching the 2 drums around but they're not designed to be swapped out.

Back