Bar top idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was it a coffee table book on coffee tables?

I'm not that boring. A coffee table book is a general term for a large, interesting book basically. In my case, the subject matter was American Pin Up Art.

From Wikipedia:
"A coffee table book is a hardcover book that is intended to sit on a coffee table or similar surface in an area where guests sit and are entertained, thus inspiring conversation or alleviating boredom. They tend to be oversized and of heavy construction, since there is no pressing need for portability. Subject matter is generally confined to non-fiction, and is usually visually oriented. Pages consist mainly of photographs and illustrations, accompanied by captions and small blocks of text, as opposed to long prose. Since they are aimed at anyone who might pick the book up for a light read, the analysis inside is often more basic and with less jargon than other books on the subject. Because of this, the term "coffee table book" can be used pejoratively to indicate a superficial approach to the subject."

And now you know.

I'll agree with that. Its a hell of a reference source for tracking down valid reference sources though. Definitely owe at least a part of my Bachelors Degree to Wikipedia for helping lead me to legitimate sources.

Also, from bar tops to arguing the legitimacy of Wikipedia as a reputable source....
My apologies for taking this thread so far off topic.

So to piggy back on this thread. I am going to seal concert tickets into the top of my bar. I just glue them to the bar top and then pour the Kleer Koat Table Top Epoxy right on top or do I need to seal the bar top and or tickets with something like polyurethan first? Thanks for the help!

You need to TEST something first - don't ruin your tickets!

Paper needs to be sealed. Soaking up something oily/oil/alkyd based will leave you disappointed - polyurethane OR epoxy !

TEST - similar paper if at all possible. I have not tried this, but in discusions I've personally had with others (at a bar...) they suggest you coat the paper in white glue, let it dry. (it dries clear) then pour your test epoxy over it in a small test-sized bartop.

Latest posts

Back