Bar build - Thanks All

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A thing of beauty. I don't see Woodford Reserve on your shelves there though - I'll bring over a bottle when you have the forum open-house.

-Kevin

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394050164.843465.jpg
It is there!! :)

Edit: I think I was drinking it when I took the other picture. I see the hole where it belongs now that you point it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've been a barmaid for sixteen years, and I really like your bar!

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

Really nice bar man!! I have a basement that would be perfect for a build like that but I'm about to sell my house. I actually live in Gainesville too, small world!!

Glad to see you got all the issues sorted out. I'm hopeful to have the basement, and the funds, to build a bar like yours one day! It's truly awesome!

*Edit... I dig the OBH tap too! I haven't made it out there yet but I'm planning on it.

Damn...can I just borrow a 7' length of the straight bar section?

Almost Famous Brewing Company

As a pro "wood worker" who has done lots of cabinetry, and custom furniture, I have to say you got top quality work.:D You gotta be pleased with that!

That bar is gorgeous. How long did it take for them to finish it?

Thanks all. It took them about 5-6 months. Most of the work was done in their shop. I did not truly understand what "custom" meant when I went into this. Every piece of trim is made by them. They don't buy any of it premade. So, it takes more time as well. It was also delayed by them having to remove every last piece of the old bar. They thought they could at least reuse the boxes under the counter. It turned out that none of them were level or square though. Another thing of note, there is not a single 2x4 in the whole bar. The last guy built a frame and then wrapped it, as I kind of expected it to be done. Everything in this bar is a box. They say they build things to be like a piece of furniture. They want it to last forever.

*Edit... I dig the OBH tap too! I haven't made it out there yet but I'm planning on it.

You really should try to make it out there. Their beer is what I consider very drinkable. The tastes are not overpowering. They taste like what they should, but not in your face.
They just got their new distributer set up and the bottling equipment running, so look for them in your local grocery store soon.

Thanks all. It took them about 5-6 months. Most of the work was done in their shop. I did not truly understand what "custom" meant when I went into this. Every piece of trim is made by them. They don't buy any of it premade. So, it takes more time as well. It was also delayed by them having to remove every last piece of the old bar. They thought they could at least reuse the boxes under the counter. It turned out that none of them were level or square though. Another thing of note, there is not a single 2x4 in the whole bar. The last guy built a frame and then wrapped it, as I kind of expected it to be done. Everything in this bar is a box. They say they build things to be like a piece of furniture. They want it to last forever.

Wow I bet the wait was killing you.

Back