Backup regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summa_Brewologica

Reaction score
I have my main setup which is a taprite on a 20lb tank but I also have a small 5lb backup tank I’d like to be able to use for pressure transfers and maybe on a rare occasion to use for gatherings.

I know they have those mini regulators but for the same price (and in some cases cheaper) I could get an affordable regulator like the kegland mk4 and also have that as a backup if something happened to the taprite.

Does anyone recommend this? Or anything different? Again this is just to have something more mobile. Doesn’t have to be the best. I don’t really want to unhook everything from the 20lb or haul a fermenter over to it just for transfers.

I have a 5# tank fitted with a standard regulator used solely for the "rare occasion to use for gatherings". Very convenient! It makes taking larger amounts of beer to social events so much easier. I used mine to run 4 cornies at a party last spring, was able to set, forget, and enjoy myself at the party instead of futzing around with the beer all night. With no pumping or pressure fluctuation issues, party-goers could all self-serve.

I have a 5# tank fitted with a standard regulator used solely for the "rare occasion to use for gatherings". Very convenient! It makes taking larger amounts of beer to social events so much easier. I used mine to run 4 cornies at a party last spring, was able to set, forget, and enjoy myself at the party instead of futzing around with the beer all night. With no pumping or pressure fluctuation issues, party-goers could all self-serve.
What did you end up getting?

What did you end up getting?

I got a Komos because that is what is on my kegerator and I like it and am already familiar with exactly how it works. I set it up with duotight fittings so it runs exactly like my kegerator. So when I take that setup to a party, I don't spend a lot of time fiddling around with it since I am already so used to using it.

Excellent. I think I’m gonna go with the kegland which looks identical but I can get it a little cheaper. Glad to hear that works just fine even as a main regulator.

Back