Average Drinking.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5-9 bottles (12 oz) a week, generally never more than 2 a day ever except on a rare weekend where I'll have a max of 5 in one night.

I'm a light weight and it only takes 2 beers to give me a good buzz. 6 beers and I may end up with a small hangover.

One with Lunch - usually
None in the evening on Weekdays
Saturday - if not doing chores/kids games - 2-3
Sunday - Brewday!... 5

But... in context

Spaten-1L-Mug-2T.jpg

I probably average 1-3 during the week, and anywhere from that to a dozen or more on weekends. Depends on what is going on.:tank:

just recently got kegging so its hard to say. to darn easy to go pour half a glass. but id say 1 to 3 week nights. maybe six weekend nights

Monday - Scouts (No Beer :()
Tuesday - Scouts (No Beer :()
Wednesday - "Boo Lois, Yay Beer!" (3 or 4 Imperial Pints)
Thursday - One Pint (recover from Wednesday)
Friday - All bets are off, four pints for sure
Saturday - See Friday
Sunday - Two, maybe three pints

So average is about 1.5 pints a day.

Luckily, I have four kegs on tap, two aging, two lagering and two fermenters about to be kegged.

:mug:

at parties i drink up to two beers , but in my usual routine, i consume lesser amounts, i have myths about the right amount of beer intake, within the safe limits, please brief me about this.

6 beers a week usually. Only drink 1 or 2 on a night (i.e., usually just have 2 on wed or thurs, then two on friday and maybe 1 or 2 on saturday).

anywhere from 3-8 on weekdays,and lots on weekends.40-50 a week.And yes I get up at 6:30 am everyday.For work and a 2 year old.I don't get drunk too often though.I guess that makes me a functional alcoholic:tank:

Usually have 2-4 on nights that I'm off (I work 12 hour shifts, so I only work 3 days a week). When I go out, I switch to Bud Light (BMC is about all there is for selection in local bars) and can finish off 10 - 20 of them.

Ha!

I remember when I came back from Germany TDY for 3 months for BNOC (Army school), two buddy's (all 3 of us went to boot and were stationed together the first 4 years we were in the Army) of mine ended up at the same place.

The first weekend we had a major beer consumption session. I could not get a freakin' buzz off the beer. Couldn't do it. After drinking German beer for over a year at that point, my stomach could not physically hold enough budweiser for me to get a buzz. I actually filled up with beer to the point of bursting.....and was stone cold sober. I had consumed at that point, an entire 24pk of cans myself.

I learned my lesson though......the next weekend I warmed up with a couple shots.......problem solved.

eh. i pretty much drink at least 3 to 4 good beers a night. I love beer too damn much

Ha!

I remember when I came back from Germany TDY for 3 months for BNOC (Army school), two buddy's (all 3 of us went to boot and were stationed together the first 4 years we were in the Army) of mine ended up at the same place.

The first weekend we had a major beer consumption session. I could not get a freakin' buzz off the beer. Couldn't do it. After drinking German beer for over a year at that point, my stomach could not physically hold enough budweiser for me to get a buzz. I actually filled up with beer to the point of bursting.....and was stone cold sober. I had consumed at that point, an entire 24pk of cans myself.

I learned my lesson though......the next weekend I warmed up with a couple shots.......problem solved.

I hear ya,
A couple a shooters paves the way, a couple of sixers keeps ya roling along. (7th Corp)

Sigh.... i used to drink 2-3 a day and then my wife and i enrolled in a fitness program at our gym. Since we were paying good money for it i (shockingly) decided to take it seroiusly and gave up beer for about a month - exceptions were made for family parties and the super bowl - in that time my beer gut went away. If you find him let me know......

Nowadays maybe 6 beers in a week, unless again there's a function happening. I have upped my Bourbon and wine consumption though.....

Nowadays maybe 6 beers in a week, unless again there's a function happening. I have upped my Bourbon and wine consumption though.....

I've gone the other way with my beer consumption-- I'm drinking way less liquor now (SWMBO and I still go through a couple of bottles of wine a week though). I find a beer 30 min before dinner helps me eat less which helps me cut out the potatoes and bread...ever hear of a full bar :rolleyes:? Still losing weight...I guess my body likes beer carbs better than bread carbs :)

Weekdays: Depends on what is for dinner. BBQ, grilled food, sure. Pasta and the like, no.

Weekends: Depends on what is going on. Fight night, yup. Brewing, not till the yeast is pitched.

Average may be 8 - 10 pints a week. If we're hosting a party in that time frame, all bets are off. :)

Sigh.... i used to drink 2-3 a day and then my wife and i enrolled in a fitness program at our gym. Since we were paying good money for it i (shockingly) decided to take it seroiusly and gave up beer for about a month - exceptions were made for family parties and the super bowl - in that time my beer gut went away. If you find him let me know......

Beer doesn't make you fat. Sure, it's not low calorie stuff but most of the calories are from alcohol anyway so if you're drinking you're still getting a comparable number of calories. I think you lost the gut because your total caloric intake went down...and you were burning more calories by working out (you burn more calories even when your body is at rest if you exercise regularly).

I essentially did NOT drink beer (or any alcohol) 5 months ago. Now I drink about 2 homebrews a night. I've lost a couple of pounds in that time.

Beer doesn't make you fat. Sure, it's not low calorie stuff but most of the calories are from alcohol anyway so if you're drinking you're still getting a comparable number of calories. I think you lost the gut because your total caloric intake went down...and you were burning more calories by working out (you burn more calories even when your body is at rest if you exercise regularly).

I essentially did NOT drink beer (or any alcohol) 5 months ago. Now I drink about 2 homebrews a night. I've lost a couple of pounds in that time.

I took up running so I could increase my beer intake:)

Back