Ask me anything!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did someone say my name?

TOM.jpg

I have a question for the OP...

Why did this happen???? WHO let this happen???????

chairmanoftheboard1.jpg

Rev.

And if you have small children or are in a committed relationship, it's around 0.001%. :(

If you have older children that are able to come and go as they please your chances are .00000000001%. Really sucks when things are just getting started and one shows up unexpectedly. Turns the grilled cheese into a pair of blue ones. Happened twice this week. :(

Hey jhubbard9, don't worry. There is life after a post roast like this!
I know, I did the zinc kills post. Was so upset I almost quit.- but would have wasted my membership fee. Upset wrong word, embarrassed!

Oh wow, I was thinking about this, and almost destroyed a carboy of beer! Was checking it and grabbed what I thougt was my spray bottle of Starsan- nope, it was a bottle of Lime away!! Sprayed down the airlock and was about to put it back on and the smell hit me!

Last edited:
Oh... I've got a serious one. I want to make a quick turnaround English mild... what yeast should I use? I have experience with SA04 being awesomely fast... but was thinking about Nottingham on this one. Should I go with what I know or venture out?

Also, why am I craving saltines with butter and Kraft cheese slices like my grandpa used to make?

Hey jhubbard9, don't worry. There is life after a post roast like this!
I know, I did the zinc kills post. Was so upset I almost quit.- but would have wasted my membership fee. Upset wrong word, embarrassed!

Oh wow, I was thinking about this, and almost destroyed a carboy of beer! Was checking it and grabbed what I thougt was my spray bottle of Starsan- nope, it was a bottle of Lime away!! Sprayed down the airlock and was about to put it back on and the smell hit me!

Mmmmm.... more reading material?

what yeast should I use? I have experience with SA04 being awesomely fast... but was thinking about Nottingham on this one. Should I go with what I know or venture out?

I'm not the OP, but somehow I think it will be a long time before he gets to answering your question, but I've had very fast ferments with fresh Notty packs. So, as long as the pack expiration date is 2016 it should ferment quite fast.

Rev.

I'm not the OP, but somehow I think it will be a long time before he gets to answering your question, but I've had very fast ferments with fresh Notty packs. So, as long as the pack expiration date is 2016 it should ferment quite fast.

Rev.

Thanks for the tip. I was pretty set on going with it... just wanted to ask a legit question.

Even though it's more of a personal experience type thing.

I'll throw my question in...

As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a man with seven wives,
Each wife had seven sacks,
Each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits:
Kits, cats, sacks, and wives,
How many were there going to St. Ives?

Man it's like a season of "Lost" up in hurr. The questions just keep piling up, and no answers are forthcoming.

Better get crackin', OP. The longer you wait, the worse it'll be. Rip off that bandaid.

At this point you're pretty much guaranteed carpal tunnel, at a minimum?

Back