Ask me anything!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhubbard9

Reaction score
I am trying to gain knowledge on all things beer. I find one way to learn is to answer questions that others have. That's what this thread is for! Ask any questions you want answered and I'll do my best to provide concise, practical information! I might not be able to answer everyone's questions, or I might not be able to answer any but it will help me see where I am at and how much I have learned and have to learn! So go ahead and ask private messages are okay too!

If you're really serious why don't you read through the first posts of threads that already exist and see how your answers compare to those given. I highly doubt many folks will want to pose their question just to you when they could throw it out to hundreds of brewers by posting their own thread. That's kind of the whole point of the forum.

otherwise - what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

That's what I do. I read a post I find interesting from the thread title and answer it in my head before reading the replies. Most of my learning happens when my initial answer is contradicted by the other answers. No posting necessary.

That being said, I would like to know the meaning of life. Or perhaps the universe. Or everything.

You give the internet some free room to post and this is what happens pure anarchy it was a dumb post anyway just trying to do new things and twat myself!

If big bugs have little bugs on their backs to which to bite them do those bugs have other bugs and so on ad infinitum?

otherwise - what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Depends on the mass squared by the volume of the beer as it leaves the bottle X diameter of the throat. A session ale might tend to swallow faster than a imperial stout. Airspeed only comes into play if you miss your mouth.

Why do first time brewers' beers finish fermenting so fast? Seems like they can rack to secondary or bottle within 72 hours of pitching.

What's their secret?

Is there really a pork chop in every can? If so, at what point in the brewing process do you add it?

Back