Anyone using a GE 5.0 cu. ft. Freezer (FCM5SKWW)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeastieboy

Reaction score
I have been searching high and low for INTERIOR dimensions of this unit. I can't even find a unit locally to go measure. Hell, I can't even find a photo on Google inside of this unit! What happened to manufacturer's putting dimensional drawings in the backs of manuals?? Anyhow...

I am trying to determine if I can fit my SS Brewtech Chronical 7G in the lower portion of the freezer (next to the compressor ledge). Therefore, the minimum footprint would need to be 14.5" x 16.0". The height of the freezer will, of course, need to be modified with a collar to provide more height.

If anyone has one of these units and can give me exact interior footprint dims of the lower side, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

I have one, I'm out of town but will be home this weekend and I'll try to remember to grab measurements. Here's the best photo I have. Two corny kegs fit, pretty snugly but with maybe an inch to spare between them on the diagonal.

How tall is the Chronical? You could always build a false floor to raise the height to match the compressor hump. Honestly, getting 7G in and out of the freezer might be easier if it didn't have to go all the way to the lower floor.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/drock417/DSC_2579.jpg~original
DSC_2579.jpg~original

Bump for this topic as I too am looking to use one of these for a keezer. Hoping two 1/6 barrels kegs will fit in the lower section.

The lower section is 15.5”x15”. Two corny kegs fit with about 2” diagonal space to spare, they’re just under 9” wide, not sure what the dimensions of a 1/6 are. Hope that helps.

Back