4 tap Keezer build with a 7 Cu ft Arctic King chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobross

Reaction score
I purchased a new chest freezer from Walmart, Arctic King 7 Cu Ft, and was surprised that I could turn it into a 4 tap keezer with 5 gallon ball lock corny kegs. I might have gotten lucky with the shapes of the kegs, but 4 kegs gave me about a pinkies gap to the hump (see pictures). With a 2x6 collar I can fit my 20lb CO2 tank on the hump with the regulator. The model number is: ARC070S0ARWW/ARC070S0ARBB. I can't guarantee that you will fit 4 ball lock kegs in there, it matters on the deformity of the kegs. It is a small footprint for a 4 tap keezer. The hinges are recessed and if/when I redo the collar I will take that into account. The taps need to be over the hump and I would change the distance from my current 3 inches apart to 2.5 inches apart when I do it again. Also I would probably move my right tap another 1/2 inch to inch to the right. It is so tight with 4 kegs that I will have to move 3 kegs to be able to move the right front keg.

Just thought y'all would like a review for this chest freezer.

Thanks for posting this! This is outstanding. I just put this exact freezer in my cart and thought I'd check and see if anyone had posted about it before I pulled the trigger.

Thanks for posting this! This is outstanding. I just put this exact freezer in my cart and thought I'd check and see if anyone had posted about it before I pulled the trigger.
Hopefully you get lucky and it works out for you if you are trying to fit 4 kegs in there. 3 is easy, but a slightly different model number or different warped ball locks might bump you down from 4 to 3

Let me know if you have anymore questions? Ill do my best to help

I just ordered the 7cuft off wal mart today. They have a roll back on it so it’s only at $170 right now which is a steal. I’ll hopefully have it completed by next weekend and in time to brew a batch

I have a 7 cu ft GE freezer/keezer that I put a 2x12 collar on. I double-hinged it so I can lift just the top for quick access or I can lift the entire collar for lifting in full kegs (or my fermenter if I want). I keep three kegs on the floor and a forth on the hump. The hump keg runs a bit warmer so I always make sure to have a beer meant to be served a little warmer and less carb'd in that spot - previously a Porter and currently a Best Bitter.

nice find. Most 7cf freezers will not hold 4 on the floor.

I really wanted the Walmart artic king one in black but was positive it would not take 4 so I passed and got one from Home Depot...not in black :(

Nice looking keezer! Do you have the floor dimensions (without the hump) for that Arctic King 7? Was considering it for a fermentation chamber. Wondering if it'll fit two 6 gallon carboys....

Did anyone else successfully get 4 - 5 gallon corny kegs in the Arctic King 7 cu ft freezer from Walmart?

Back