Anyone use Conical-Fermenter.com tanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I have two of the 7.3 gal conicals without thermometers. They work great, but like any conical, you have to remember to dump the trub within the first 12h, otherwise it compacts in the cone and wont come out. No problem though, just dump the first 8oz or so that comes out of the side-port when kegging or bottling.

It has helped quite a bit to whirlpool and get cleaner wort going into the fermenter.

Otherwise, yeast harvesting has been really easy, cleaning is easy, the ball-valves are easily dis-assembleable, I have left wort in them for 6-8 weeks with no trouble at all.

Thanks, I'm thinking of buying all my tanks from them. HLT, MLT, Boil Kettle, and fermenter.

Boudy

I was one of his first customers and I love the 7.3 that i have. You can check it out here I have since added 2' leg extensions so I can dump it directly into my corny kegs.

Back