Anyone Snus?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do! It's not that big a deal. The Camel Snus is 8mg just like most of these so, it'd be no different that doubling the Camel Snus.

Ithink their is one puck in my set that does have 11mg but, I've forgotten which. All the "mainstream" pucks are 8mg.

Sometimes, 1 just isn't enough. I am more familiar with that quick ruch of nicotine from the smokes (they say it hits the brain in 7 seconds) and this goes MUCH slower. I find I Snus more than I smoked but, that is okay by me considering no-one knows when I am Snusing. I don;t have to go outside to Snus. And I don;t have to carry around an empty bottle.

Ironically, I have found that my snus lasts WAAAAAAY longer than my smokes. I can always have another smoke after the first one is smoked, but more than one or two snusses in an hour or so... Thats dangerous! LOL
-Me

If you are Snusing then it's all mental. You are still getting Nicotine from the Snus but the physical habits are harder to break.

If you are snusing then its no problem! Vitamin N is our ultimate goal here, and a safer delivery system is where its at. I think he is trying the 'colder turkey' approach for the time being as he has some samples and a couple of cans on the way. Once he gets accustomed to the snus its all gravy! I know that for me, I almost miss my first cigarette of the AM. I have to grab a 'bigger' snus for my first thing in the AM snus. (Along with my coffee)
-Me

JoeMama- Package arrived today.

General white has a decent kick to it. Have not tried the other yet.
Thanks again.
Rob

Awesome! I really hope this makes your transition easier. Any plans to buy more snus to experiment with? I think I might do the 'Bag o' Snus' because its cheaper, and gives you a variety (which you dont know what you get). But I might need to order here again pretty soon. I dont want to run the risk of running out! (Although I am good for at least another week)
Happy snusing!
-Me

Tried the Tre Ankare last night. Wonderful stuff. I don;t remember how it was described but I got fruit and pepper melded along with strong hits of tobacco. Minimal salt but I think technique controls that more than anything as Mensch has suggested.

I am actually begining to re-consider. I am sure I'll still hit the Camel on occasion for the sweets but, I am also thinking about trying the General Onyx and the Rape #2 for giggles.

Been using the Goteborg nearly exclusively since I opened it and I'll agree that this Snus moves much, much more slowly. I suspect it is the salt that does this as one is less likely to suck on the portion to draw out that candied hit.

MMmmmmmm General Onyx is my AM with coffee snus. I havent made the jump to a stark/sterk yet, but I have a feeling that this might be happening soon. Ive heard awesome things about Thunder ice mint. (And the nic level is off the chart)

Its amazing how your tastes for snus change constantly and things you might not have liked at first, become rather tasty later on. (The Grovsnus is still not my fav)
-Me

We have a store here called Wawa, which is a convenience store. The are supposedly the lowest prices on tobacco products.
The skoal mailings I have been getting advertise that they have lowered the price, which is true. 2 cans a week habit of skoal used to cost me $11.65, including tax. Now its down to $9. and change.

I got the camel snus for free today, and there is usually a coupon in field and stream and outdoor life every month.. $1.00 off

The snus was $3.65 today, and I paid 2.19 for regular gas yesterday:D

Do they sell the camel snus @ Wawa?

disgusting

Disgusting? Is that all you have to say? Come on now, I know that snus is not for everyone, but disgusting?
Smoking cigarettes is disgusting.
Chewing tobacco is disgusting.
Drinking carbonated sodas is disgusting. (But I do it)
Drinking coffee is disgusting. (Guilty)

What do they all have in common? They provide a drug of sorts, and they can be enjoyed for their other properties.Using snus is pretty much no different. Using snus is just like chewing gum - you never know if someone has one in, and they pretty much dispose of it as they would a piece of gum. Are you going to say that is disgusting as well?
I can appreciate that snus isnt for everyone, but calling it disgusting is not very nice. (Or accurate)
-Me

DUDE!! I just got my hands on some General Mini Mint today, and I MUST suggest that lovers of Camel Frost give this a try! (As stated elsewhere) This is Camel Frost done right!
Its not overly sweet, but it has a really nice flavor to it that lasssssssssts. The can is cute as its smaller than its regular counterparts (as are the portions)

Give this stuff a shot today! Im pretty sure you wont be disappointed!!
-Me

The can is cute? Did you just call a snus can cute? That's it... you've gone off the deep end into snus oblivion.:mug:

Im afraid you are correct. Its kind of like the old "Heineken Keg Can" commercial.

"Theory # 298 they put a full sized keg in a vat of ice water in hopes that it would shrivel"

"Ddddddd did it shrivel?" (Steps out of water) "Yeah, look"

"I meant the keg... Its cute though"

Kind of like that. Or something...
LOL
-Me

Did you just compare Snus to.........

Oh Brother! Well, at least there is something similar there. No-bady wants to smell that either. :D

Did I just screw up?

I ordered a bunch of stuff from buysnus, hit the shipping button, and it's not coming ups. How did you guys get it shipped?

Got a tin of the Camel mellow today.
After dinner I had my usual after dinner smoke.
Went inside cleaned up the kitchen and started to get ready to
keg my Irish Red, and decided to give it try instead of having another smoke. I do like the flavor and the nicotine buzz is OK.
After a few minutes when the juices started going I did have to spit a few times. That stopped after a few minutes though.I think I am just paranoid about swallowing that much tobacco juice.
I think I am going to stick with it for a while. I did try Copenhagen once and this is a hell of a lot better.
Looking forward to those free samples. Did anyone else who ordered these get any kind of email confirmation?

Here is the order- Opinions?
Yes,i'm trying some of the cheap stuff.

Elixyr Peppermint portion 1 pack 1 2.97 USD 2.97 USD
General Portion 1 pack 1 3.80 USD 3.80 USD
Jakobssons Ice-Fruit Snus 1 pack 1 3.80 USD 3.80 USD
Kronan loose 1 pack 1 2.76 USD 2.76 USD
Lucky Strike Portion 1 pack 1 3.11 USD 3.11 USD
Offroad - American Wintergreen Portion 10 pack 1 20.16 USD 20.16 USD
Offroad Limited - Icemint Portion 1 pack 1 2.24 USD 2.24 USD
Skruf Strong Portion 1 pack 1 3.73 USD 3.73 USD
Thunder Frosted Extra Strong portion 1 pack 1 3.45 USD 3.45 USD
1 random can of snus 1 pack 1 0.00 USD 0.00 USD
Amount: 46.02 USD
Freight: 9.53 USD
Order total: 55.55 USD

Here is the order- Opinions?
Yes,i'm trying some of the cheap stuff.

Elixyr Peppermint portion 1 pack 1 2.97 USD 2.97 USD
General Portion 1 pack 1 3.80 USD 3.80 USD
Jakobssons Ice-Fruit Snus 1 pack 1 3.80 USD 3.80 USD
Kronan loose 1 pack 1 2.76 USD 2.76 USD
Lucky Strike Portion 1 pack 1 3.11 USD 3.11 USD
Offroad - American Wintergreen Portion 10 pack 1 20.16 USD 20.16 USD
Offroad Limited - Icemint Portion 1 pack 1 2.24 USD 2.24 USD
Skruf Strong Portion 1 pack 1 3.73 USD 3.73 USD
Thunder Frosted Extra Strong portion 1 pack 1 3.45 USD 3.45 USD
1 random can of snus 1 pack 1 0.00 USD 0.00 USD
Amount: 46.02 USD
Freight: 9.53 USD
Order total: 55.55 USD

Anything from General is pretty good. The Skruf Strong is good too. I've had the Kronan loose, but it's been so long I don't remember how I liked it.

Got a tin of the Camel mellow today.
After dinner I had my usual after dinner smoke.
Went inside cleaned up the kitchen and started to get ready to
keg my Irish Red, and decided to give it try instead of having another smoke. I do like the flavor and the nicotine buzz is OK.
After a few minutes when the juices started going I did have to spit a few times. That stopped after a few minutes though.I think I am just paranoid about swallowing that much tobacco juice.
I think I am going to stick with it for a while. I did try Copenhagen once and this is a hell of a lot better.
Looking forward to those free samples. Did anyone else who ordered these get any kind of email confirmation?

I dont think that you will get an email conf for your samples (you may though) I know that when I make my regular order I get email conf.
-Me

Got an e-mail this morning telling me that I would have to cancel the order if i wanted it shipped UPS, so replied to just leave it as is..

How long does it usually take to get your orders from Buysnus.com?

Got an e-mail this morning telling me that I would have to cancel the order if i wanted it shipped UPS, so replied to just leave it as is..

How long does it usually take to get your orders from Buysnus.com?

I figure it should take you about a week or so to get your order. Its coming from Sweden, and I believe I have heard good reviews of buysnus. I personally havent shopped there, but I would say a week would be normal.
-Me

The Camel stuff really is too sweet so,
I ordered this
Top 10, Snus Box, swedish snus, tobacco, Lucky Strike Original, Nick & Johnny, Roda Lacket, Grovsnus, Goteborgs Rape, Catch Eucalyptus, Wise Citrus/Menthol, Ettan Portion, Skruf Stark Portion, General Portion
plus a can of General, White Portion that they ship from
Pa. I figured I'd get that pretty quick
Only had six smokes today I usually I have six by 8 am
If I get something I like more then the Camel I am pretty sure I'lll cut down even more and hopefully quite alltogether.

I ordered this
Top 10, Snus Box, swedish snus, tobacco, Lucky Strike Original, Nick & Johnny, Roda Lacket, Grovsnus, Goteborgs Rape, Catch Eucalyptus, Wise Citrus/Menthol, Ettan Portion, Skruf Stark Portion, General Portion
If I get something I like more then the Camel I am pretty sure I'lll cut down even more and hopefully quite alltogether.

Another, hopefully, converted non-smoker. Congrats on your achievements so far.

I ordered this

Thats a very good selection for you to find your likes and dislikes (as well as grow accustomed to REAL Swedish Snus) There are some who enjoy the sweetness of the Camel snus - for them I suggest General Mini Mint. I have a couple of them in now, and its like Camel Snus done right. Mmmmmmm yumyumyumyum
-Me

Thats a very good selection for you to find your likes and dislikes (as well as grow accustomed to REAL Swedish Snus) There are some who enjoy the sweetness of the Camel snus - for them I suggest General Mini Mint. I have a couple of them in now, and its like Camel Snus done right. Mmmmmmm yumyumyumyum
-Me

I like the camel snus .
Just after a few doses is when the sweetness gets to me. You ever have those candies that are made out of sesame seeds and mollasis or something?
That's what they remind me of.
They go pretty good with my homebrew dry stout though.
I am really looking forward to receiving that order.

I ordered a sampler pack from getsnus.com today. said it would be here in2-3 days, coming fron Penn.
it included: 1 - General Wintergreen White Portion
1 - Gotlands Anis (Grey) Portion
1 - Skruf Cranberry Portion
1 - Offroad Coffee Vanilla Portion
1 - Catch Eucalyptus White Portion

Plus I ordered 2 cans of the Odens Classic Cinnamon.

I ordered a sampler pack from getsnus.com today. said it would be here in2-3 days, coming fron Penn.

Since when did Swedish Match start exporting to the US?! Man I'm an idiot. General Sterk is $28.00 a roll compared to $34.22 a roll at buysnus.com, minus the extra shipping, minus the long wait, minus the "customs" issue.

This changes everything.:cross: Sorry, if I steered you all in the wrong direction. When I started buying snus a couple years ago, it wasn't available from within the US.:eek: I just hope they are the exact same product as what I get from Sweden.

Except we may not be able to buy snus soon off the web due to new bill.

House votes to crack down on tobacco black market
21 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House on Thursday approved tougher enforcement measures against contraband cigarette sales that make money for criminals, but cost federal, state and local governments billions of dollars.

The bill, which passed 397-11, is especially aimed at Internet sales. Sellers on the Internet and others shipping to remote locations would have to verify the purchaser's age and identity through accessible databases.

Cigarettes and smokeless tobacco products could no longer be mailed through the U.S. Postal Service except in limited cases. Private delivery companies already have agreed not to ship tobacco products while the Postal Service continues to deliver products purchased over the Internet.

Misdemeanors under current law would be made felonies, and it would be a federal offense for any seller failing to pay state tax laws.

The legislation would empower each state to enforce federal law against out-of-state sellers sending delivery sales into the state.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives would gain authority to inspect distributors of cigarettes, and anyone refusing the inspection would be penalized.

Chief sponsor Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., said that as tobacco taxes have increased, "We have unwittingly created a large and growing black market for smuggled tobacco products."

Weiner cited a Government Accountability Office report that organizations including Hezbollah made money through the tobacco black market.

The Senate yet to consider the measure.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

The president has not yet signed it, i think.

Except we may not be able to buy snus soon off the web due to new bill.

----------
Weiner cited a Government Accountability Office report that organizations including Hezbollah made money through the tobacco black market.

The president has not yet signed it, i think.

so by buying tobacco off the internet you support terrorism

House votes to crack down on tobacco black market
Chief sponsor Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., said that as tobacco taxes have increased, "We have unwittingly created a large and growing black market for smuggled tobacco products."

Unwittingly?... it didn't take a wizard to see this coming with all the tobacco tax increases. It's what people do in a high tax environment.

Not to hijack (or redirect) Check out the discussion on snuscentral.org. That place has become my second home (to this place) :)

They have a really good discussion regarding this. I wouldnt worry about it a whole lot, we may just have to pay a few extra bucks to get it shipped via UPS now as opposed to USPS. (And Im sure the big delivery services are already in negotiations with quite a few of our overseas luxury providers) ;)
-Me

For inexplicable reasons, I've been craving tobacco lately. I haven't had a "habit" in quite some time, but I bought some of the Camel stuff today. I found it weak in comparison to dip, but much easier to "stomach," and much longer lasting. I can't wait to get the Swedish sampler in the mail.

Edit: I did find it very easy to kelp the "pris" dry. So much so that the effect became negligible. When it began to "wear off," a quick prod of the tongue (so to speak) was enough to re-invigorate the "experience."

I found the American snus (Camel and Tourney anyway) to stay quite dry. The Swedish stuff does tend to be more moist without needing any prodding and what not. Of course, I'm sure that varies a lot with all the different varieties.

Back