Anyone seen these? (Shipping Materials)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkrath84

Reaction score
Has anyone seen these and know where I can get them? I got a trade recently and the FedEx dude dropped the package OVER the fence (about 7') with 4 small format and 4 large format bottles in it. Not one break. These things are awesome!

beer shipper.jpg

beer shipper 2.jpg

HP ships their toner cartridges in something similar. Probably not the most helpful comment but it adds a search term for your hunt.

I checked uline, they have the bubble wrap pouch type bags, but not anything like this. I think these work better, much more of an "air cushion." I'd love to have a few of these for when I visit other states!

If anyone else can chime in, that'd be great! Otherwise, I'll post as soon as I find out where my trader got them from.

These look very cool, but is there any benefit to using them instead of bubble wrap? Granted it would be quicker to use these, but I wasn't sure if the plastic is thicker or something else that is notable.

You can buy the cardboard wine shippers (750 ml) with boxes dirt cheap, they would keep your wine a bit more stabilized due to the preformed cardboard sleeve.
I believe I bought a 10 pack for under $20.00.
On a separate note...if your FedEx guy is dropping packages over a fence, you should address that problem asap!

These look very cool, but is there any benefit to using them instead of bubble wrap? Granted it would be quicker to use these, but I wasn't sure if the plastic is thicker or something else that is notable.

Not only does the plastic seem more durable, but it basically suspends the bottle in air. To accomplish the same with bubble wrap would take 5 layers or so of the bubble wrap with small bubbles and probably 3 with the large bubbles. Even then it's very "squishy" and doesn't feel as secure.

You can buy the cardboard wine shippers (750 ml) with boxes dirt cheap, they would keep your wine a bit more stabilized due to the preformed cardboard sleeve.
I believe I bought a 10 pack for under $20.00.
On a separate note...if your FedEx guy is dropping packages over a fence, you should address that problem asap!

Yeah, I need to call FedEx and give them a piece of my mind... Do you have a link to the cardboard ones? I like the plastic bubble type for ease of storage once I get my bottles home.

That style wrapping also is used for shipping Airtex fuel pumps. I'm a mechanic and see them regularly. Only difference is I'm not sure if it has the little flap on the top. If they do, I will start saving them.

Back