Anyone in Canada near OBK that can help a brother out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinSoldier

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! I am in need of your assistance. I am currently building a new 10 ball lock keg capable keezer

It is going to have a custom black iron pipe 5 tap tower I'm making. I need to get some shanks and the ones I want to use are of course only available at OBK in Canada. I'm hoping someone lives close to their that could pick them up and send them over here to California for me. I'd obviously pay postage and for the shanks and would be greatly in your debt.

Anyone on here that can help me out pretty please??? Lol

Hey,

I'm not that close to where OBK is, but can get it shipped from them. They used to have free shipping, but don't think they have it anymore. If no one else can help you out, I can try and help.

Hey guys and gals! I am in need of your assistance. I am currently building a new 10 ball lock keg capable keezer

It is going to have a custom black iron pipe 5 tap tower I'm making. I need to get some shanks and the ones I want to use are of course only available at OBK in Canada. I'm hoping someone lives close to their that could pick them up and send them over here to California for me. I'd obviously pay postage and for the shanks and would be greatly in your debt.

Anyone on here that can help me out pretty please??? Lol

How come you can't order online and have it shipped to California?

OBK doesn't do retail anyway, they are online order only. They are not set up to serve US markets, because it probably almost never comes up. Most of the material comes from the US, so they struggle to match US pricing.

That said, they are a really good bunch of guys (perhaps gals, just not on my orders). Their primary shipper does US service, so there is no barrier there. I'd suggest just giving them a call and seeing if they can help you out.

OBK doesn't do retail anyway, they are online order only. They are not set up to serve US markets, because it probably almost never comes up. Most of the material comes from the US, so they struggle to match US pricing.

That said, they are a really good bunch of guys (perhaps gals, just not on my orders). Their primary shipper does US service, so there is no barrier there. I'd suggest just giving them a call and seeing if they can help you out.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried emailing them yesterday and was dealing with the owner. I think the experiences you've had with them are way better than mine. I was emailing back and forth with the owner yesterday and to be quite honest, he was being a di*k in the email. He wouldn't even tell me if they had the part I was looking for because he said he wouldn't ship to the US. I had already told him I could have someone I knew in Canada order them for me and shipped to Canada. He still wouldn't help me out or deal with me. Super bad taste in my mouth over that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried emailing them yesterday and was dealing with the owner. I think the experiences you've had with them are way better than mine. I was emailing back and forth with the owner yesterday and to be quite honest, he was being a di*k in the email. He wouldn't even tell me if they had the part I was looking for because he said he wouldn't ship to the US. I had already told him I could have someone I knew in Canada order them for me and shipped to Canada. He still wouldn't help me out or deal with me. Super bad taste in my mouth over that.

That is unfortunate. Might be that it is a US part that he has restrictions on selling, but it would have been easier to just say that. There are a couple of other possible reasons, none of them better.

What is the part number?

That is unfortunate. Might be that it is a US part that he has restrictions on selling, but it would have been easier to just say that. There are a couple of other possible reasons, none of them better.

What is the part number?

Yeah he told me he just doesn't deal with the US period and that he couldn't help me out. He wouldn't even give me a part number which is pretty poor business on his part regardless.

Sorry for the delayed response but I didn't see there were updates. I need 5 of these. I was actually trying to find this exact part but with a 7/16" John Guest fitting instead of the 3/8" that these have but I found a way I can make these work.

https://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/3_8_Stainless_Steel_Beer_Shank_p/ss-3-8-shank.htm

Yeah he told me he just doesn't deal with the US period and that he couldn't help me out. He wouldn't even give me a part number which is pretty poor business on his part regardless.

Sorry for the delayed response but I didn't see there were updates. I need 5 of these. I was actually trying to find this exact part but with a 7/16" John Guest fitting instead of the 3/8" that these have but I found a way I can make these work.

https://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/3_8_Stainless_Steel_Beer_Shank_p/ss-3-8-shank.htm

Check to see if you can order using a US-addressed credit card on the OBK website - if that works I can send you an Ontario mailing address. Unfortunately the website doesn't list how much they weigh or where they are made, but that is manageable.

Latest posts

Back