anyone have expirence with this burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks very similiar to the one i have, which i did buy at walmart and is a turkey fryer.

if it is indeed the same one, it gets the job done. i can boil a 5gallon water in 10~15mins.

Mine is similar, external mounted temp sensor presses to the Kettle rather than integrated into the kettle as this one appears to be.

The shut off is integrated into the regulator and manages to hold temp very close in, but I've only used mine once (+- 1 to 2 deg F).

However It did take some fiddling with the regulator and the tank valve to get it to stay on rather than kick on and off.

If it were me, I would avoid a safety shutoff with any kind of temp sensor that you need to fiddle with. I don't have any experience with that burner, but seems like something else to worry about. Are you required to use the temp sensor in order for the burner to function? If so, then it would make using a different kettle a hassle. Not to discourage you from buying this burner but some food for thought.

yea its one of the only fryers i can get in my area i was asking if anyone had used it because i was worried about the sensor myself

I had one from Walmart, don't know if it is the same one, that had a safety shut-off which meant it shut off automatically every 20 minutes if I didn't remember to turn the timer knob every 15 minutes. I know someone said it doesn't have a timer but make sure. It is a PITA.

Back