Anyone from Wilmington DE??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombeer

Reaction score
I'm going there on business next week. Just wondering if anyone know's a good place for beer in the Brandywine/Rocky Run Pkwy sort of area....

Thanks.

Scott.

I live one town over from Wilmington, NY (the home of Whiteface Mountain and the '80 Winter Olympics).

I live one town over from Wilmington, NY (the home of Whiteface Mountain and the '80 Winter Olympics).

haha yeah think he's talking about DE not NY, if u have the time you can take a run down to milton and go to the dogfish head brewpub, just jump on rute 1 and drive south till u hit milton. should only be 1-2 hours to get there, that might be a little far for a business trip tho.

Personally I am not a big fan of Iron Hill. Some people love it, just not me. I would highly recommend going to Victory in Downingtown, Pa. and Stewarts in Bear, De. Let me know if you do stop by stewarts because I am there pretty often. Washington street ale house in Wilmington is pretty good too. Where are you staying?

Personally I am not a big fan of Iron Hill. Some people love it, just not me. I would highly recommend going to Victory in Downingtown, Pa. and Stewarts in Bear, De. Let me know if you do stop by stewarts because I am there pretty often. Washington street ale house in Wilmington is pretty good too. Where are you staying?

I'm staying at a hotel on Rocky Run Pkwy. I was hoping there might be a good place within walking distance, but from what I hear it's pretty commercialized in that area.

Ok, so that is north wilmington. That really isn't the city so there will be really hardly anything within walking distance. There is a mall across the street and I think they have a Ruby Tuesday's. There is also a little strip right where you are that has a few restraunts. Lone Star, olive garden, and one or two others that I can't think of. Aside from any of those you will need to drive. Seeing as you are in north Wilmington and damn near PA, you really should check out Victory. They will only be about 15 or 20 minutes from you.

Ok, so that is north wilmington. That really isn't the city so there will be really hardly anything within walking distance. There is a mall across the street and I think they have a Ruby Tuesday's. There is also a little strip right where you are that has a few restraunts. Lone Star, olive garden, and one or two others that I can't think of. Aside from any of those you will need to drive. Seeing as you are in north Wilmington and damn near PA, you really should check out Victory. They will only be about 15 or 20 minutes from you.

Awesome, thanks man!!

Scott

Back