Anybody serve mead for the holidays?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maylar

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brought some mead to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners this holiday season and it was a big hit. Empty bottles :D

Mesquite traditional made a year ago, and it just keeps getting better with time.

Wondering if you guys served up any of yours this year?

I opened a bottle on New Years of a bochet that I started back on "Mead day'. I was more curious than anything, but it turned out very nice. Even my wife who doesn't always appreciate everything I brew/start was impressed. I have a choir party this coming weekend that I usually supply with homebrew. I think I'll bring a bottle of the mead as well.

Not quite for the holidays, but we did tap into a brochete I brewed almost 3 years ago back in November...delicious...polished off all but a few liters.

I started a new one recently...maybe for next holiday season! [emoji6][emoji322]

Certainly did.

Christmas family gathering (Dec 30th)
Brought 12 bottles each (Beer bottles):
- Wild plum Melomel 15.6 ABV self carbonated as I bottled it at 1.008 over 20 months ago. (No gushers and still a little residual sugar, I am estimating a little over 3 volumes of CO2)
- A mixed fruit hydromel 7.8 ABV 60 days old "still".

Did not take any full bottles home. Had some great reviews.

I got a batch ready to give out for the holidays... except I only just got the bottle and corker lol. Belated holidays gifts lol

i gave out a few bottles of capsicumel and opened a couple of bottles of a young hibiscus mead that I made & wanted to see what people thought of it. Most people enjoyed the tastings and also thanked me for the Christmas bottles.

Latest posts

Back