anybody ever used one of these

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee,that's beautiful! I never knew such a thing existed. Programed AG,smart folks,those Germans. If I went AG,I'd get the 13G size. All enclosed,no external burners,recirculating pumps,etc is just to purty!

I want one but there is noway I am dropping that amount of money. It looks like a glorified brew in a bag. It looked like he was doughing in with full volume of water.

pretty freaking sweet, but for 3G's I should think I can make a pretty Bad ass electric system.

-=Jason=-

I believe I made a version of this myself for much less, and so can you.

Just check the link in my signature.

I actually had not seen the Spidel system before I built it but a tour at one of a local brewery gave my the idea.

There is an extensive thread in this forum with a number of contributors who have recently started brewing with the Braumeister. It's well established in Europe and also in Australia. Now there seem to be more Americans moving to it.
The price seems high......but when I investigated fully controlled electric brewing (which the Braumeister does, from heating the strike water through draining the chilled wort to the fermenter), even a DIY project is going to cost upward of a few thousand dollars.
The biggest drawback seems to be when going over beers bigger than 1.065 or so, although the 50l version can be adapted to do this with different methods.

If for some reason I HAD to go electric, I'd buy the Braumeister in a minute. In the meantime, I just don't brew enough beer to justify the purchase.

Its really nice, but I can't see how they will get many sales at that price.
Its not a little expensive, its ridiculously expensive.
My time is worth something, so I'd pay a premium. It takes up little space and is really nice, but that price is 4-5 times what Id pay.

It doesn't even come with the insulating jacket?
And for "only" 350 you can get a decorative copper hood?!?!?! Yeah right ...

(PS - I'm not saying its a rip off, just that its way way more than I think 95% of home brewers will pay)

The price seems high......but when I investigated fully controlled electric brewing (which the Braumeister does, from heating the strike water through draining the chilled wort to the fermenter), even a DIY project is going to cost upward of a few thousand dollars.

I must disagree !

My system was no where near that and does exactly the same as the braumeister.

Plus I have twice the heating power it has.

I just made me a new system, I must post some photos of it soon, it is basically the same as the one in the thread in my signature but cleaner. Has two large elements instead of 4 small once and a cooling spiral that goes up the sides

I believe I made a version of this myself for much less, and so can you.

Just check the link in my signature.

I actually had not seen the Spidel system before I built it but a tour at one of a local brewery gave my the idea.

I was just reading through your thread. I saw this speidel machine thread this morning. Your design is really impressive! I'm pretty sure I need one of those.. :)

I was just reading through your thread. I saw this speidel machine thread this morning. Your design is really impressive! I'm pretty sure I need one of those.. :)

Thank you.

I will post pictures of version 2 as soon as I can.

It is much simpler than the one I made before, the inner barrel is the same but the bottom one has less parts and looks alot better.

Thank you.

I will post pictures of version 2 as soon as I can.

It is much simpler than the one I made before, the inner barrel is the same but the bottom one has less parts and looks alot better.

Great! Let us know when it comes to market for your homebrewtalk buddies! :ban:

Back