Any brewers in the Conway Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! I've been thinking about starting to keg and set up a kegerator. Do you ever wish you went with a bigger fridge? I want to do it once, so I don't want to undersize it.

Looks good! I've been thinking about starting to keg and set up a kegerator. Do you ever wish you went with a bigger fridge? I want to do it once, so I don't want to undersize it.

Sometimes, but the mini fridge decision is one that I spent a LOT of time considering. It doesn't take up much space, and uses less electricity. If you have a garage or shop, back porch or somewhere to put a bigger fridge or even better a keezer, I'd say go that route. Having only 2 on tap at a time, doesn't bother me personally. Now if I only had 1, yeah that would kinda suck. My kegerator sits in the kitchen, it's handy and is almost like a piece of furniture. It will be a lot better once I get a top on it though.

Got some IPA bottled couple nights ago, now looking to get caught up on bottling this weekend, have a nice all Willamette Pale Ale to bottle.

Hope everyone is well.

Got some IPA bottled couple nights ago, now looking to get caught up on bottling this weekend, have a nice all Willamette Pale Ale to bottle.

Hope everyone is well.

well it's about time someone posted on this thread... I was going to post just to have one in March... :)

I can't wait to try your Willamette PA... you know I have a little of that hops to use... :)

:mug:

well it's about time someone posted on this thread... I was going to post just to have one in March... :)

I can't wait to try your Willamette PA... you know I have a little of that hops to use... :)

Oh you sure you don't need any Willamette? I've got a few pounds I can loan you haha.

I'm sipping a black stout I bottled back in mid-February while I'm cooking a batch of my house Pale Ale using some Cascade I have laying around. After the stout I think I'll try my SN pale ale clone. I used Perle, Magnum and substituted Ahtanum for Cascade. Turned out nice!

Just tried my Black Lager was very good with a hint of Chocolate on the tail end[emoji481][emoji106]View attachment 346890

Sure looks that way too!

I'm sipping a black stout I bottled back in mid-February while I'm cooking a batch of my house Pale Ale using some Cascade I have laying around. After the stout I think I'll try my SN pale ale clone. I used Perle, Magnum and substituted Ahtanum for Cascade. Turned out nice!

I used to clone SNPA all the time, I remember it being a simple recipe and was always so good. Ahtanum, that one i have not tried.

Today was a beer day... I brewed my first Bavarian Hefeweisen, kegged a Black IPA and a Cream Ale, dry hopped a Chinook IPA and Bell's Two Hearted clone, and moved my Saison De Noel to a secondary carboy! Thinking I might do a dark mild soon. Life is good!

Sorry I have been inactive for a while, but I had a bunch of issues in 2015, like my house flooded on Memorial Day in Houston just before it went on the market, so everything got delayed by 2 months. I did retire mid August and my place is off Brandon, near the Wooster sign on 25, in Greenbrier. I have been doing renovations to my retirement place since August, including a new roof and wood floors. I am now starting to shake out the new system, but probably will not start brewing for 2 more months (June?), plus I will need to find an electrician to add a 50 amp breaker for my main power. The brew system will be a temporary tabletop set up for now but my fermenter freezers are in a storage building (10 gallon all grain batches).
I have two items as part of my update:
1. Is there anyplace local (NLR) where I can buy 50 lb. bags of base grain?
2. If any of you locals want to hook up to talk PM me and we will figure out where to meet (Buffalo Wild Wings?).

My old system

BlackHole1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I have been inactive for a while, but I had a bunch of issues in 2015, like my house flooded on Memorial Day in Houston just before it went on the market, so everything got delayed by 2 months. I did retire mid August and my place is off Brandon, near the Wooster sign on 25, in Greenbrier. I have been doing renovations to my retirement place since August, including a new roof and wood floors. I am now starting to shake out the new system, but probably will not start brewing for 2 more months (June?), plus I will need to find an electrician to add a 50 amp breaker for my main power. The brew system will be a temporary tabletop set up for now but my fermenter freezers are in a storage building (10 gallon all grain batches).

2. If any of you locals want to hook up to talk PM me and we will figure out where to meet (Buffalo Wild Wings?).

Nice system!
You can buy 50lb bags at Fermentables. There's also a HBS in WLR called The Water Buffalo. They have 50lb bags also. The Water Buffalo is also working setting up a brewery onsite.

Sure looks that way too!

I used to clone SNPA all the time, I remember it being a simple recipe and was always so good. Ahtanum, that one i have not tried.
@estricklin. You should give them a try! They are similar to Cascade with a really nice floral/citrus flavor, mostly used for finishing because of their relatively low AA content. I made a Bock bittered with Hallertauer, but finished with Ahtanum and it came out phenominal.

Awesome setup!!

My old system

Very nice! I'm so ready to have my electric setup going, it's ALMOST done, I just have to get off my butt and warm up my soldering gun for a weekend.
I'm always down for a brew and I'm off on the weekends now that the oilfield ha slowed to a crawl. I don't mind meeting somewhere, but anyone is welcome to come by here and grab some free homebrews as well. I try to keep at least 50-100 bottled.

@estricklin. You should give them a try! They are similar to Cascade with a really nice floral/citrus flavor, mostly used for finishing because of their relatively low AA content. I made a Bock bittered with Hallertauer, but finished with Ahtanum and it came out phenominal.

That's not a bad idea, I've not been crazy about actually finishing with noble hops so something that would go with them is worth a try for sure. I'm leery of trying new hops anymore, but that one sounds like a good one to use in my German lagers.

I lived close to Conway in the past. Lived ing ravel ridge just outside of Sherwood .Moved to VA for a job .I miss Arkansas .

I lived close to Conway in the past. Lived ing ravel ridge just outside of Sherwood .Moved to VA for a job .I miss Arkansas .

Good to hear from.a transplant all the same.

Stone, is now in AR and I just got a 6er last night really looking forward to trying it.

Good to hear from.a transplant all the same.

Stone, is now in AR and I just got a 6er last night really looking forward to trying it.

Bells is coming there soon. It's one of my fav brewery .Keep your eye out for it .I am not to big on stone. They are very hot friendly .

My 2 Hearted clone will be done soon... :) as will my Saison De Noel... and the Black IPA... and the Bavarian Hefe... You know you will get some of each.

Man I like that idea. You know I'd be down for trading you a 6 pack or 2 for just onnnnnnnnneeeeeeee bottle of Dubbel. That Willamette pale ale turned out so nice, such a good hop presence in the finish. Almost has an orange peel taste.

I got my brewery about half wired so far, I'm thinking total there will be about 40-50 feet of wire in this thing!

Man I like that idea. You know I'd be down for trading you a 6 pack or 2 for just onnnnnnnnneeeeeeee bottle of Dubbel. That Willamette pale ale turned out so nice, such a good hop presence in the finish. Almost has an orange peel taste.

I got my brewery about half wired so far, I'm thinking total there will be about 40-50 feet of wire in this thing!

yesterday we also brewed an Avery Maharaja IPA clone with over 16# of grain and a total of 16 ounces of Columbus, Centennial, Chinook, and Simcoe hops! Got a 1.096 OG. :rockin:

Well I ordered my replacement automation controller *BrewTroller Phoenix" today plus 2 water brewer kits from Ward Labs (tap water & RO water (5 stage)) today. I hope to start brewing mid June, but once I get the reports if anyone in the Greenbrier area wants copies let me know (yes I tailor my water to the style).:mug:

I would be interested in the reports.

I am starting to have brewing withdraws, is it cold in here? I still haven't gotten my electric setup going and the homebrew supply is dwindling dangerously low. Plan to brew American Lite Lager this weekend, or next.

Is it hot in here? I can't stop itching.......no I'm cold.

Well I ordered my replacement automation controller *BrewTroller Phoenix" today plus 2 water brewer kits from Ward Labs (tap water & RO water (5 stage)) today. I hope to start brewing mid June, but once I get the reports if anyone in the Greenbrier area wants copies let me know (yes I tailor my water to the style).:mug:

if the water comes from Brewer I would be very interested...
I think I will brew tomorrow since it's suppose to rain and I can't work in the hay fields... Eric? :)

Yep too wet for hay, I have to work tomorrow though, the rain kinda does the opposite thing for me. I'm starting to think I could brew Saturday.

Yep too wet for hay, I have to work tomorrow though, the rain kinda does the opposite thing for me. I'm starting to think I could brew Saturday.

might brew saturday too... :)
Been working on the bush hog most of the day replacing the gearbox and PTO... just a bit more to do before I will try it out... looks like it will rain at any moment...
Got some bottles ofr you to try... old school Hefeweizen... new school Saison... and an English "mild" that's 6.5%... LOL

might brew saturday too... :)
Been working on the bush hog most of the day replacing the gearbox and PTO... just a bit more to do before I will try it out... looks like it will rain at any moment...
Got some bottles ofr you to try... old school Hefeweizen... new school Saison... and an English "mild" that's 6.5%... LOL

Oh 6.5%, a nice "session beer" for you haha. Yeah I just got in from a nice jog and it was sprinkling.

Bob and I had a pretty good time brewing yesterday, he brewed what I think will be an awesome porter, and I brewed a beer too.

I just opened one of your Saisons Bob, this thing will knock your legs out from under you @ 8.5%! Goes down way too easy.

2733.jpg

It was great having you over. I think the Porter will be tasty too. :) I have been on a run lately and most of the beers have turned out very well. Glad you liked the Saison. I think the Simcoe IPA is one of my favorites so far.

It was great having you over. I think the Porter will be tasty too. :) I have been on a run lately and most of the beers have turned out very well. Glad you liked the Saison. I think the Simcoe IPA is one of my favorites so far.

Oh the Simcoe, yeah I forgot to mention the 256 is gone, in fact it did not survive much past dark last night.

About to take my first drink off of the Vienna and northern brewer smash .Hope it will be as good as the mosaic and marris otter I just tapped .

Hello all! Headed out in the AM for the big town of San Diego, gonna be gone for a week or so. Might bring back some tasty CA craft brews. Hope everyone is having a good summer.

Hello all! Headed out in the AM for the big town of San Diego, gonna be gone for a week or so. Might bring back some tasty CA craft brews. Hope everyone is having a good summer.

Try out Modern Times while there. I've really enjoyed everything I've had from them. Blazing World might be my favorite. Have a safe trip!

EDIT: if you like coffee beers. Smog City coffee porter is probably one of the best coffee beers I've ever had.

Latest posts

Back