Any brewers in the Conway Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one of their older samplers and they were all good... I was just out working on some bows and having a few beer samples... dang NB needs to have an all grain kit sale soon! If they would I wouldn't need to order 100# of grain ... :)

The first couple I tried had Grass Monkey and some others that weren't in this one, I actually didn't know the samplers were different until I got home, but it turned out to be a good thing.

I'm writing code today for my ham radio club website.

Hey fellas! Just moved to Cabot from San Diego and have been trying to sell some equipment if anyone is interested. Took awhile to build and only used once unfortunately, I'm trying to go back to a basic setup now to save some space. Not parting it out just yet, I'd like to sell it as a whole but I realize that's unlikely... $1,600 OBO.

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

that's some nice equipment... most of us just brew it in whatever we can find for cheap. :(
Eric and I both us gas for most of our beers but have just started using home made electric rigs on days the gas would be a problem. Best of luck to you!

that's some nice equipment... most of us just brew it in whatever we can find for cheap. :(
Eric and I both us gas for most of our beers but have just started using home made electric rigs on days the gas would be a problem. Best of luck to you!

Thanks man! It's hard to sell a system as a whole, basically have to find someone that wants EXACTLY what you have. So I'm going to start parting it out and I'm willing to negotiate pricing if you know anyone interested in the area

good luck... there was a guy in Greenbrier with a big fancy setup for sale...not sure if he ever sold it. "We be po-folks" that just make due. :)

two other things... I was born in National City 64 years ago...and Green Flash is one of my favorite breweries... :rock:

I'm not a rich man, just had some money I saved up from a deployment to the Middle East and thought having 3 vessels and two pumps would make my brew day much easier and shorter.. I was wrong [emoji23] And yeah Green Flash is awesome, I was just at their brewery a few weeks before I moved out here

Eric, the guy that started this thread, and I both do BIAB after many years of full blown all grain. It has made our brew day much easier. I also build a nasty electric 20 gallon pot with an ammo box controller for 10 gallon batches...Eric is about to finish his 25 gallon kettle and do the same thing...

Eric, the guy that started this thread, and I both do BIAB after many years of full blown all grain. It has made our brew day much easier. I also build a nasty electric 20 gallon pot with an ammo box controller for 10 gallon batches...Eric is about to finish his 25 gallon kettle and do the same thing...

Electric seems like the way to go but I hate electricity haha

I'm not a rich man, just had some money I saved up from a deployment to the Middle East and thought having 3 vessels and two pumps would make my brew day much easier and shorter.. I was wrong [emoji23] And yeah Green Flash is awesome, I was just at their brewery a few weeks before I moved out here

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I did see your equipment for sale though. Hopefully someone will show some interest. Contact the CAFA club to see if if any of their members might bite.

My in laws are in San Diego and I have visited Green Flash and some other breweries there, Duck Foot was a stand out also.

Are you going to brew on a smaller system now or..? Thanks for your service!

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I did see your equipment for sale though. Hopefully someone will show some interest. Contact the CAFA club to see if if any of their members might bite.

My in laws are in San Diego and I have visited Green Flash and some other breweries there, Duck Foot was a stand out also.

Are you going to brew on a smaller system now or..? Thanks for your service!

Thanks for the support! Well, I didn't get much interest so I'm exploring some different options. I think I might scrap my HLT. Not really trying to "downsize", I just want to simplify a little bit. My boil kettle can serve as a dual purpose vessel (HLT/BK). Just wondering how well my MT will hold heat with out the recirculation through the HERMS coil..

heck...I'd just keep it all and work on my schedule until I got the brew day down to a time I could live with... :) Or brew with friends to pass the time... :rock:

I'm sure it won't loose much more than a degree over an hour. Trying to brew fly or batch sparge with only 2 vessels is trickier when you go above 5 gallons. I have just stored strike water in 5 gallon buckets though, heat it to 200 or so and it stays plenty hot enough by the time the mash is over. If your really looking for simple you can't beat BIAB though. 1 vessel, super simple. I just got my electric setup going, it's built from an arduino and some code I wrote. It is a BIAB setup for now but I am working on changing it to a 3 vessel in the future.

Having a Lost 40 this evening after working all weekend. Hope everyone is staying cool!

Attachments

• 20180616_220529.jpg
    20180616_220529.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
I'm sure it won't loose much more than a degree over an hour. Trying to brew fly or batch sparge with only 2 vessels is trickier when you go above 5 gallons. I have just stored strike water in 5 gallon buckets though, heat it to 200 or so and it stays plenty hot enough by the time the mash is over. If your really looking for simple you can't beat BIAB though. 1 vessel, super simple. I just got my electric setup going, it's built from an arduino and some code I wrote. It is a BIAB setup for now but I am working on changing it to a 3 vessel in the future.

Having a Lost 40 this evening after working all weekend. Hope everyone is staying cool!

I'm enjoying a Lost 40 as well! I was there yesterday and picked up a 6-pack of their "Month of Sunday's" Amarillo hopped Pale Ale, it's pretty good! We went to Blue Canoe for the first time as well, really liked their warehouse setup but the beer was lacking.. Anyway, cheers!

heck...I'd just keep it all and work on my schedule until I got the brew day down to a time I could live with... :) Or brew with friends to pass the time... :rock:

I'm just a clean freak and worry about what's going on on the inside of that coil. I cycle boiling water through the system/pumps before and after my brew day, but once again, it adds on to the length of my brew day

Hi Guys,
Noticed this thread a few months back,but havent had chance to comment. Well, I moved to Fairfield Bay several years back,guess that's fairly close to Conway (40 minutes).I started brewing shortly after moving here after discovering this is a dry county (a tear slowly runs down cheek). I never considered checking when I moved here, I had thought laws like this were abolished long ago with the blue laws.
Anyway, I had been extract brewing, but have been trying to change to all grain.I figured the savings made from all grain would slowly pay for the extra equipment in the long run. Well, who am I kidding, Im a cheap bstrd, the cheaper a good beer the better.lol I just upgraded to a ten gallon mash pot and the fermentasaurus.I was using a 10 gallon cooler and striking grains with mash water, but abv and more importantly the taste was varying to much from batch to batch and driving me crazy.
Glad to finally talk to yall, Chris.

000_0056.JPG

000_0053.JPG

Hi Guys,
Noticed this thread a few months back,but havent had chance to comment. Well, I moved to Fairfield Bay several years back,guess that's fairly close to Conway (40 minutes).I started brewing shortly after moving here after discovering this is a dry county (a tear slowly runs down cheek). I never considered checking when I moved here, I had thought laws like this were abolished long ago with the blue laws.
Anyway, I had been extract brewing, but have been trying to change to all grain.I figured the savings made from all grain would slowly pay for the extra equipment in the long run. Well, who am I kidding, Im a cheap bstrd, the cheaper a good beer the better.lol I just upgraded to a ten gallon mash pot and the fermentasaurus.I was using a 10 gallon cooler and striking grains with mash water, but abv and more importantly the taste was varying to much from batch to batch and driving me crazy.
Glad to finally talk to yall, Chris.

View attachment 575749
View attachment 575751

Sure am glad you commented! Yep, dry counties what a state huh? I sure do like that fementer. What type of sparging where you doing? Your false bottom? Good to meet you, I'm Eric.

Hi Eric,
As for sparging,I was heating up another pot of water and pouring it over the grains. I think the issue was not being able to maintain proper mash temps and not using enough water for mash.Still learning.
That pic of the fermenter is currently my first use of it. I was hoping that fermenting under light pressure and being able to transfer to keg without the beer touching air, would help stop any off flavors I was getting, plus fermenting in a chamber is new to. I had been fermenting at about 72f room temp, but just cause the yeast can ferment at that temp doesnt mean it should. I slowly realized that winter time beers turned out better cause my fermenting temps would be lower,like 65f, after doing some researching and not cherry picking data.I discovered i was stressing the yeast in the summer.
Anyway, after upgrading my fermenting gear, I thought it would be dumb not upgrade my mashing method too. I havent used it, yet, but got a sweet chocolate stout ready to brew in the new pot when I finish the fermenting the other or might wait to make it till September, so I'll have a good winter beer.
Oh,got to blabbering and almost forgot, I purchased a pump so I can recirculate the wort.
Do I still need to sparge with fresh hot water if your recirculating?

000_0063.JPG

What size pot is that? So you were basically fly sparging? How long was it taking you to sparge? Fly sparging has to be slow or it isn't very effective, think like 30-60 mins.

Mash temps are pretty forgiving believe it or not.

Its a bayou classic 10 gallon pot from amazon. Yea, I definitely was not sparging correctly. I watched some videos on it today. I got to be more patient.

Its a bayou classic 10 gallon pot from amazon. Yea, I definitely was not sparging correctly. I watched some videos on it today. I got to be more patient.

Use the valve to restrict the flow rate back. You could try batch sparging if you don't want to spend the extra time fly sparging.

OK, so this is an old thread but it just popped up on me today. I live in Russellville and have been making Mead for a few years and at this time, it is all I make. I am of Celtic descent and used to do a lot of Ren Faires, that is where I was introduced to Mead.

we don't live far apart...I live in Saint Vincent, 10 miles north of Morrilton, and Eric is in Oppello, just south of Morrilton. If you want to learn how to make beer just let me know.

OK, so this is an old thread but it just popped up on me today. I live in Russellville and have been making Mead for a few years and at this time, it is all I make. I am of Celtic descent and used to do a lot of Ren Faires, that is where I was introduced to Mead.

Ditto what Bob said. Of coarse we don't discriminate, we make mead too. I have a 1 year old I'm about bottle this week.

Okay, I apologize in advance. I didn't want to read through 17 pages, but I was wondering if you guys have any group buys? I am a decently experience brewer (5 years). I am originally from the Center Ridge area. I have degree(s) in Math and Chemical Physics. After college I moved to Pennsylvania where I pursued a Masters in Applied Math. I now reside in Southern Arkansas.

Moreover, I am glad to see a vibrant community of home-brewers in Arkansas. I look forward to learning from you guys!

Okay, I apologize in advance. I didn't want to read through 17 pages, but I was wondering if you guys have any group buys? I am a decently experience brewer (5 years). I am originally from the Center Ridge area. I have degree(s) in Math and Chemical Physics. After college I moved to Pennsylvania where I pursued a Masters in Applied Math. I now reside in Southern Arkansas.

Moreover, I am glad to see a vibrant community of home-brewers in Arkansas. I look forward to learning from you guys!

The CAFA may do some big group buys I'm not sure. Bob and I have went in on a couple of things but that's as far as we've took it. Welcome to the thread. I work in the Center Ridge area every day almost.

I only buy in bulk... LOL I tried buying thru the Fort Smith group but it never helped so I just order all of my grain in bags and all of my hops by the pound...it makes for lots of beer to drink before it goes bad, but heck... I'm retired and my wife likes to help... :rock:

I only buy in bulk... LOL I tried buying thru the Fort Smith group but it never helped so I just order all of my grain in bags and all of my hops by the pound...it makes for lots of beer to drink before it goes bad, but heck... I'm retired and my wife likes to help... :rock:

Going to try the UK yeast on the next batch, Oatmeal stout. I hope it's pumpkin beer season soon.

cool... let me know what you think about that yeast. I've used some and I'm still not sure what I think about it...I may brew tomorrow... :)

Since moving out to Cabot earlier this year, I’m wondering why no one has opened up a solid homebrew north of Little Rock ? In a dry county it just makes sense to me.

Anyway, I’ve been going down to Fermentables in North Little Rock area, and the owner Mike seems pretty cool. Someone with a 1bbl system almost cleaned him out a day or two before my brew day and almost killed my recipe! Luckily Mike had just enough of what I needed. Yesterday was my first time brewing out here, and my first time ever brewing in that kind of heat!
IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_0518.jpg

Hey guys I didn't read through much of this thread just noticed the Conway roll call. Im in Russellville and there are a few here that brew. One of the home brew enthusiasts here did start a Facebook group Called River Valley Brewers Guild in hopes to eventually grow it into a actual homebrew club. Maybe one day soon we can meet up, share some home brews and make it official. So look us up, join the group. I dont think any of us has ever been in a homebrew club before so if any of you have feel free to message and maybe nudge us in the right direction that would be awesome.
Cheers

Hey guys I didn't read through much of this thread just noticed the Conway roll call. Im in Russellville and there are a few here that brew. One of the home brew enthusiasts here did start a Facebook group Called River Valley Brewers Guild in hopes to eventually grow it into a actual homebrew club. Maybe one day soon we can meet up, share some home brews and make it official. So look us up, join the group. I dont think any of us has ever been in a homebrew club before so if any of you have feel free to message and maybe nudge us in the right direction that would be awesome.
Cheers

That’s awesome man! Unfortunately I just got off Facebook yesterday because of all the political BS, but I hope y’all get a good following! Cheers!

Cheers

Done.

Had a good time brewing with ya today Bob. Was kinda cold though. I'm bout to pitch some $1 UK yeast in my beer and call it a night.
20181120_103842.jpg
20181120_103844.jpg

I enjoyed it as well Eric...right up until a couple of guys showed and tried to empty my fresh tapped keg. :rolleyes: I used a dry pack of the UK yeast in my IPA too... You're welcome back any time...

I enjoyed it as well Eric...right up until a couple of guys showed and tried to empty my fresh tapped keg. :rolleyes: I used a dry pack of the UK yeast in my IPA too... You're welcome back any time...

Thanks, I'll bring beer next time I swear. I took a hydrometer sample while I was pitching just now...and ya, was definitely off on the water volume/boil off rate. I've never even seen this part of my hydrometer? What's going to happen? Will my beer be flammable? I could dilute this by 50%!
20181120_204732.jpg

I kinda expected that from yours... when I ground your grain it was several pounds more than I use for my 1.064 IPA... enjoy! :yes:

Back