Another propane thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewingRob

Reaction score
The topic of using propane burners indoors comes up periodically. I hate to beat a dead horse... But many homes are equipped with external LP tanks for heaters, ovens, fireplaces, dryers, and more.

Has anyone ever tried one of these stockpot burners? If not this brand, just the concept in general? If I understand propane properly, the problem with turkey fryers is that they to not burn the propane efficiently enough to be safe indoors. I would assume that these burners are as "safe" as an indoor propane oven/range.

Anyone ever try one?
Stockpot burner

Those burners are typically found in commercial kitchens under exhaust canopies. The exhaust canopy is typically interlocked with an air makeup unit which supplies pre-heated air back into the kitchen at no more than 100% of the exhaust capacity to ensure the kitchen is in a slight negative to remove all products of combustion. These burners are not to be installed with out the proper ventilation.

Back