Another noob!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoot

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Thought I would stop by and introduce myself. I'm Scott, or Scoot (after a few beers it all starts sounding the same anyway). I'm 22, and from Portland, Oregon. My friend and I decided to start doing our own homebrew after having another friends homebrew and absolutely loving it. I was on the phone with him, strategizing our first brew when I thought "there has to be some kind of forum where all the homebrewers share their ideas/questions/complaints" and one google search later I landed here. Anyway, I'm really happy to have found this forum, as I'm sure it will just be a bottomless pit of information for a noob like myself.

:mug: :mug: Welcome Scoot, I'm about 150 miles south of you. Lots of info and knowledgable people here. Any time you have a problem, just ask and it will get a responce or do a search of old threads. Again welcome:mug:

Hello Scott we seem to be light in number for the NW here so its good to see more of us signing up. Perhaps some day we can exchange some brew or even organize a brew day.

That would be great Gary. Let me get a few brews under my belt first so I can have a quality beer to swap with you ;)

Ed, first brew is going to be a foreign-style stout. I'm crossing my fingers hoping it turns out!

Good luck with the first brew, Scoot. I'm sure you have seen all the stuff about sanitation and how important it is. However, you must also keep the following things in mind, at all times:

1 - You will screw something up, so just accept that and move on.

2 - Something will go wrong, and it won't be your fault, so just accept that and move on.

3 - In the end, you will have beer, so none of the above could be all that bad.

Now, be sure and keep the following things in hand, at all times:

1 - A beer.

Follow the above rules, and everything will be just fine. Above all, have fun!

TL

You came to the right place for information. Between this site and howtobrew.com you will be well on your way.

Welcome from another Portlander. We are few in number on HBT. If you haven't already, check out the Oregon Brew Crew (google for site).

Welcome. You'll be brewing some fine beers before you know it. Plenty of good advice here.

Latest posts

Back