another jersey brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtyjerz

Reaction score
Well it seems this place is full of Jersey people. I'd like to let everyone else know that regardless of what you see on tv relating to NEW JERSEY and THE JERSEY SHORE, that is not who we are. Those actors are not even from NJ. We don't behave like that. ahmmm.

I've read many a post before signing up and like I what I see. Everyone is very helpful to one another and I enjoy that in a forum. I've brewed a few Mr. Beer kits and didn't really like the results. I figured I need to move up and picked up a different can beer, then a kit beer.

I'm on my second kit beer and everything seems good so far. Last night I cooked up an Irish Stout and may have screwed it up by adding to much DME. I ignored the can directions and followed what I know. The hydrometer was reading off the charts. It seems to be fermenting nice right now so I'll let it do it's thing and take a reading in a week.

I look forward to good topics and peoples on this forum!

Good Brewing
Gene

So... you don't know Snookie??

No wonder you have such a strong opinion on the matter, I just looked and you're a stone's throw from NY. In any case, welcome!

I never did a Mr. Beer... but had some good results with kits. Anything you want to know has already been answered here.

Well it seems this place is full of Jersey people. I'd like to let everyone else know that regardless of what you see on tv relating to NEW JERSEY and THE JERSEY SHORE, that is not who we are. Those actors are not even from NJ. We don't behave like that. ahmmm.

Amen to that
I was born and raised in the garden state and will defend it always

Welcome

The question I get when I travel is "are NJ people more like the people on Sopranos, Cake Boss or The Jersey Shore?". I live about an hour away from the where they were filmed and honestly I only know one person that sort of fits the stereotype. I work with him and guess what? He commutes in from Staten Island. NJ has a lot of visitors from NY for shopping (cheaper and less tax), working, and vacationing. As you hit South Jersey, we also have a lot of PA and DE vacationers at the shore. Most of the people I encounter are more like Kevin Smith if we're aligning with TV/Movie stereotypes, but just not as fat and untalented.

I have to ask, why the screen name dirtyjerz?

I always thought that, along with the phrase "The Armpit of America", were made to slander the state?

The question I get when I travel is "are NJ people more like the people on Sopranos, Cake Boss or The Jersey Shore?". I live about an hour away from the where they were filmed and honestly I only know one person that sort of fits the stereotype. I work with him and guess what? He commutes in from Staten Island. NJ has a lot of visitors from NY for shopping (cheaper and less tax), working, and vacationing. As you hit South Jersey, we also have a lot of PA and DE vacationers at the shore. Most of the people I encounter are more like Kevin Smith if we're aligning with TV/Movie stereotypes, but just not as fat and untalented.

I lived in Kearny for 9 years around the corner from Satriallie's. They filmed there all the time. People from out of state would ask about the Sopranos. I liked the show but to many people bring that up when you say Jersey.

Dan dirty jerz is like not BAD meaning bad but BAD meaning good. At least for us who live here. We all know jersey isn't dirty.... That's Staten Island you smell when your passing through our state. :ban:

Sorry Mikey

Don't apologize to me......YOU'RE the one who decided to call yourself DIRTYjerz. For me though, It's funny how now that "Jersey Shore" made it on MTV, you guys are all so proud to be from Jersey. Last I remember, everybody from jersey was passing through Staten Island to get to Manhattan to party. True, the Staten Islanders were heading to "da shore" for years, but the jersey boyz and girlz tried everything to get out of jerzey. So before you throw up your "proud of jerzey" flag on your IROC, just remember not where you came from, but where you were trying to get to.

Dan dirty jerz is like not BAD meaning bad but BAD meaning good. At least for us who live here. We all know jersey isn't dirty....

Thanks for the clarification. As someone who lives 10 min from South Jersey and went to Margate as a kid, I never saw Jersey as dirty.

Jersey Shore is a plague to the state....

Don't apologize to me......YOU'RE the one who decided to call yourself DIRTYjerz. For me though, It's funny how now that "Jersey Shore" made it on MTV, you guys are all so proud to be from Jersey. Last I remember, everybody from jersey was passing through Staten Island to get to Manhattan to party. True, the Staten Islanders were heading to "da shore" for years, but the jersey boyz and girlz tried everything to get out of jerzey.
So before you throw up your "proud of jerzey" flag on your IROC, just remember not where you came from, but where you were trying to get to.

LOL to funny. I take the tunnel since I'm in North Jersey, but never in an IROC
I only go to the shore to play rounds of golf. Playing tomorrow actually. :rockin:

Back