Anchor Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildGingerBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I have our 12th anniversary coming up in a couple of weeks and we have decided to go to San Francisco, for the first time. I plan to do the Anchor tour while we're there. Has anyone done it? Also, what else can you suggest while we're there? We are staying at Fisherman's Wharf so we have lot's of stuff around us I just don't know how much of it has good beer.

Anchor is a great tour! You will love it, here's a few more musts:

Speakeasy Ales and Lagers
21st Amendment Brewery
Gordon Biersch
Elizabeth Street Brewery
Rogue Ales Public House
Thirsty Bear Brewing
Toronado
Beach Chalet
The Monk's Kettle

Just to name a few, How much time do you have??

If you head up North at all to Sonoma County, I can give you some more must see places.

Cheers,

Eastside

Wow! All the choices. We will only be there for 4 days and I'm not sure I cn talk the SWMBO into all of these. Hoever, since I have never had a Pliny, I would love to hit Russian River. Where is it from SF?

Over the Golden Gate Bridge, 45 min. North up the 101. Santa Rosa downtown 4th street.

But if you don't have time, don't worry, they serve Pliny at the following places:

Toronado
The Monk's Kettle
Bender's Bar and Grill
4th Street Bar and Grill
Rosamunde Sausage Grill

Many other dive bars in the City.

Pliny is an Awesome beer!!

Cheers

Eastside

Are any of those places near the Wharf? I had forgotten all about Russian River. I am even more excited to go now than I was!!!! I will finally get to try Pliny!!! Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back