All foam after moving keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared311

Reaction score
Last night I moved my keg of IPA from my basement fridge to my keezer on the first floor. While in the basement, I carbed the keg by setting to 12psi and forgetting about it for 10 days. I have 10ft of line and I seemed to get a perfect pour while in the basement. After moving the keg to my keezer, all I am getting is pure foam. I had to disconnect both the CO2 and beer line from the keg. So, I am trying to determine if there is a leak somewhere allowing air into the system or if maybe I shook the keg enough that it needs more then a day to settle. Or maybe it is something else? This is my first keg so I am by no means experienced in kegging and could use some helpful advice. If overcarbed, I have read the previous posts and know what to do from there.

what temp is the keezer and what size tubing is the liquid line?

I will have to go measure the temperature of the fridge downstairs, but my keezer temperature is set to 45F which I have confirmed with a thermometer. As far as the beer line, I believe it is 3/8".

Back