Alba truffle and mushroom sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Home_alone1

Reaction score
So I was looking at jesterking’s Snorkal beer and wanted to brew something similar but instead of smoked salt use truffle salt.

The plan

50 percent winter wheat
50 percent Belgian 2 row

east Kent Goldings for bitterness

dried chanterelle mushrooms in whirlpool along with alba truffle salt.

Wlp590 saison yeast along with Lacto and Brett

What would be a good way to sour this ? Kettle sour ? Or a traditional souring ? I’d like to try and keep the truffle aroma as much as possible. I saw a thread on here from a few years ago about truffle beers but it seems to have died out. Does anyone have any advise ? I’ve never made a sour beer but I have this thought stuck in my head .

Look I've gone along with some crazy damn ideas on here... "Go for it dude" I say, "what's the worst that could happen? Sure lemon chocolate raspberry ice cream sour Porter milkshake with Peruvian clams and the milk of the Himalayan phoenix, Definitely, sounds great."
However finally, in this case, I'm going to have to call madness and insanity, heresy and nonsense.

That genuinely sounds like the worst thing ever. Chanterelle mushrooms don't even dry well, but that's the least of your worries if you ask me.
Might as well add some garlic and parmesan.
Seriously though if you do brew it I definitely want to know the results. Preferably with an accompanying video of victims tasting the product.

You are the James t Kirk of brewing, sir/madam

Rph , that does sound better than my idea lol.
Sanity prevails. Although I'm a bit disappointed.
You might have a nice beer with just the truffle salt there.
Although you could probably get a similar but cheaper flavour using an old sock as a teabag

If the mushrooms are safe to use...
Doesn't sound that crazy to me, read the Beeradvocate reviews on the Jesterking version.
I would guess it would just add some faint earthiness from the mushrooms.

Back