Air Hockey Oast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After telling my neighbor about your oast post he thought we should follow suit. Here's 4 x 30"x48" frames with 10.1 wet lbs of Cascades perched over his under utilized table. There is a very nice even flow of air around the cones.

ForumRunner_20120902_220540.jpg

ForumRunner_20120902_220605.jpg

Definitely cooler than the double box fans I was planning!

I give you the worlds first lupalin Zamboni

ForumRunner_20120906_201859.jpg

Dried 10.1 down to 2.5 lbs in about 72 hours. Good idea!

If you didn't already starman I would save that stuff for later.

It would be excellent for adding a hop punch without all the extra biomass.

You bet. I did ditch most of the hairs, which is the brownish red stuff you see there. Its all in one specially marked oz pack. I didn't weigh is specifically but after adding what stuck to the buckets there had to be 3-5g of pure hop goodness. I wonder how much % mass of a typical hop is lupalin?

Good question!

Being a trendy MF'r and living in the part of the country that I do I think I'm gonna save the stuff that fell off mine until I brew my next IPA. Then while drinking the IPA I'll load some of the lupalin into my vaporizer and give myself little bursts of hop flavored vapor between sips.

.....and yes before anyone says it I know that hops DO NOT get you high.

Good question!

Being a trendy MF'r and living in the part of the country that I do I think I'm gonna save the stuff that fell off mine until I brew my next IPA. Then while drinking the IPA I'll load some of the lupalin into my vaporizer and give myself little bursts of hop flavored vapor between sips.

.....and yes before anyone says it I know that hops DO NOT get you high.

I did lick my finger and taste a dab of the yellow cake. Wow, too much of a good thing is not a good thing. It stuck with me for a good 30 minutes. Tread carefully with your vaporized alphas experiment but please report back ;)

Back