Additional Regulator - Can I add one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaxsan

Reaction score
This is the end of my current regulator. Is it possible to unscrew that plug, put on some sort of extension piece, and connect to another regulator, or do I have to buy a "dual" regulator setup to get two different pressures?

IMG114.jpg

Buy a nipple, buy another reg, stick it on. If you look at the back of the reg, I bet the top and bottom orifices say "SEC" and the left and right ones say "PRI". Just hook the PRI (primary pressure...tank pressure) of that reg to the "PRI" of anther reg. Those are 1/4" threads IIRC, so a 1/4" x 2" nipple and some teflon is all you need to attach another reg.

Sweet I'm looking to do the same thing! Thanks. Much cheaper than buying the dual to replace something I already have.

Kegconnection.com offers some "add-a-body" reg bodies to do just that! The setup looks like it works with most regulator brands, and they offer it in both right-hand and left-hand thread setups. I am hoping to do that as I can afford to expand my keg setup. Give them a look-see.

Kegconnection.com offers some "add-a-body" reg bodies to do just that! The setup looks like it works with most regulator brands, and they offer it in both right-hand and left-hand thread setups. I am hoping to do that as I can afford to expand my keg setup. Give them a look-see.

Be careful adding regulators. Some secondary regulators, like the ones manufactured by Taprite, are not rated for the same pressures that their primary regulators are rated for. Add one of these and the regulator body may crack.

You need to make sure that the regulator body tiy add is rated for at least 1800 PSI for CO2 and 3000 PSI for nitrogen.

Back