Adding Ball Valve to Aluminum Kettles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clanchief

Reaction score
I have been brewing with aluminum kettles for a couple of years now, and I really like them. The price was great and I've had zero issues with them. These days I'm trying to come up with anything that will make my brew day a little faster and easier on my body, while also improving the beer. One thing that I would like to do is make the transfer a little smoother by adding ball valves to my kettles (I have one 10 and one 15 gallon aluminum kettle). I'm not terribly experienced when it comes to projects like this though. My understanding is that you can use a weldless setup to add a valve to these. Anyone have recommendations of where I can find something that would work? Preferably a kit with all the pieces I need together. Less hassle the better. Thanks.

Anyone know of any online resources where I might find this by chance?

brewhardware.com will have everything you are looking for. I have a positive experience with the weldless kit I bought there a few years ago, and Bobby is active on the forum.

Back