Adding a disconnecto to kegerator collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelBrock

Reaction score
I'm in early phases of building my coffin-style keezer. To clean the lines, I'd like to add a liquid post to the inside of the collar and a pass through to a second post on the outside. To clean the lines I would connect the line to the inside disconnect and a source of line cleaner to the one on the outside. I can then pump cleaner through to the beer line and out the tap with the keezer lid closed (since the taps wouldn't really be in a position to use with the coffin design).

The trouble I'm having is figuring out exactly what parts I need to make this happen. I found the adapters like this one:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/...9-32-18.html?gclid=CIrimLCH6rsCFTRo7Aod-SIAgQ

which apparently are threaded for 1/4" female flare. But I can't locate a pipe nipple that I can use to pass through the collar that has a 1/4" female flare.

I found that some ball lock posts have more standard threads (from this site) such as 5/8-14 but still I'm having trouble finding a 5/8" nipple.

Has anyone done anything like this before? Any suggestions?

You could stick a 1/4" MFL bulkhead in between a pair of those post adapters and solve the passthrough problem in one fell swoop. They come in different lengths, just need to pick the one that'll have enough exposed threads for the adapters...

Cheers!

That looks like just the thing! I had hoped for something a little less expensive but I can certainly make that work. Thanks!

Yeah, I know all about the pricey part. But I've used those bulkheads on two fridges and a keezer and they're totally worth their weight in stainless for solving feedthrough needs, and way preferable to grommeted tubing...

Cheers!

Back