accidental hoppy sour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divrack

Reaction score
made a pretty aromatically hopped neipa recently and split it half on farmhouse funk and half on a english yeast but there must have been some lacto b hiding in the bucket despite a bleach rinse and all the usual cleaning because three weeks later its surprisingly sour with that distinctive yoghurt berlinner thing going on. so while at the min the hops and sour are clashing a bit the ibus werent that high and i think time will make it right but i suspect a bit of brett will also be of help in rounding it out.
my options are
1 a very old pack of gigayeast sour cherry funk
2 bottle dregs of a hoppy sourish thing that has brett c in.
3 a bit of a new lambic blent pack that im using for something else today.

Im kind of torn between the sour cherry and the brett c containing thing at the moment. i dont really want strong leathery flavours as its all simcoe mandarina citra aroma now, but a sour cherry thing would be good i think. anyone have experience of sour cherry funk in secondary?

Also how many botttles of dregs would be recommended, bearing in mind its pretty sour already after three weeks and only dropped to 1.013 so far? seems ive got a bit of a turbo strain of lacto in my bucket.

Back