A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QOTD: Scotch ale. Not enough burners for a proper decoction.

Toby already histories the chit out of that. No decoction owly77
Have I told you how glorious your avatar is lately?

You still in the PNW?

Tis magical no? And yes

Bonus question for anybody and everybody:
How did Obi-Wan describe the friendly friend thread?

Like a great vacuum in the force had opened up. That or "something something beard, darkside".

Qotd:
I would say sours. I like them, but don't really wanna commit a fermenter to it for a year or more. Once we finally buy a house, probably in a couple years still, I plan on doing a RIS and a barleywine. Until then I don't really have a set place to store for a long period of time, and don't really wanna try to move with over 100 full bottles.

Otherwise not really any style that "scares" me away from brewing it. I'm probably not as meticulous as Gavbro, but I think I could handle most complex processes pretty well.

Qotd:
I would say sours. I like them, but don't really wanna commit a fermenter to it for a year or more. Once we finally buy a house, probably in a couple years still, I plan on doing a RIS and a barleywine. Until then I don't really have a set place to store for a long period of time, and don't really wanna try to move with over 100 full bottles.

Otherwise not really any style that "scares" me away from brewing it. I'm probably not as meticulous as Gavbro, but I think I could handle most complex processes pretty well.

Seems like you've moved around a lot. Where are you thinking you'll end up living when you buy a place?

I'm picking up this game and playing with a friend this weekend. I'm very excited - seems like it'd be a hell of a lot of fun to play especially a couple beers in.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkdbzFV1NoQ[/ame]

So, baseball is back. The Tigers waited all of 0 games to blow a save. This is where relievers go to die I guess?

no no, that distinction goes to Philly. I'm not amused.

Come watch the Pirates with me.

Are we sharing our baseball woes? Cubs fan here so 'nuff said.

Before this thread was rudely interrupted with Star Wars trivia, we were talking baseball.

Do we need a cellar dweller bet? Team with the worst record at the end of the season gets beer from the others? I got CO Rockies over here. :)

Baseball sucks.

There I said it.

I agree. Only thing that makes it bearable is gambling during the game.

Nice win.

QOTDs:
1. Flying
2. High West Rye
3. sours, but i have a bucket of dregs that needs a home pretty soon, so that will likely happen this summer

Before this thread was rudely interrupted with Star Wars trivia, we were talking baseball.

Do we need a cellar dweller bet? Team with the worst record at the end of the season gets beer from the others? I got CO Rockies over here. :)

I agree. Only thing that makes it bearable is gambling during the game.

Nice win.

QOTDs:
1. Flying
2. High West Rye
3. sours, but i have a bucket of dregs that needs a home pretty soon, so that will likely happen this summer

Cellar dweller, huh? Whats the dead line to enter? I'll get in on that

Jays play at 1pm today. I have MLB Tv and it's not blocked at work... so I'll be watching the game while working.

Man, I sure could use some cat gifs.

wut?

giphy.gif

Seems like you've moved around a lot. Where are you thinking you'll end up living when you buy a place?

We will hopefully be moving to Oslo in the end of July. We will probably start out in student housing. Then try to find an apartment in a nicer neighborhood to buy. After she's done with the dentist education, we eventually want to end up close to a town called Fredrikstad, where her mom lives. We want our eventual kids to be able to have a good relationship with the grandparents that are more likely to want to spend lots of time with them.

So once we buy an apartment in Oslo, I'll probably get around to a big, long-ager style.

Ok @Mhurst111
I think I could pick the loserest team by the end of the day. I have a bottom two in mind and I'm almost positive it would be close.

You're welcome to use my gear whenever man. We could probably brew 10 gallons and split it, let both ferment in my keezer.

Eventually I'll take care of making a keggle so I can finally do 10 gallon batches. Splitting batches would definitely be nice to build up a pipeline of different styles instead of the same old things.

So, baseball is back. The Tigers waited all of 0 games to blow a save. This is where relievers go to die I guess?
Like our new amzeballs closer that isn't closing games?

Yeah we have a nice minor league setup about 30 minutes away. We usually do couple games with the kids. Can't beat it.
Whitecaps fans are the worst! And you smell like the Grand River. And you've awesome beer at your ball park. :(

Love, Loons fans everywhere

Back