A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Step one: Open package of gelatin
Step two: Pour contents of package in trash can
You can stir it into the trash if you'd like. That's up to you.

No.

15%2B-%2B16.gif

Lime Ginger Ale in the food court.

So...how chummy have you gotten with the hospital staff by now? By the time my memory starts, they already knew about my brewing. It was surreal

Ended up having one of my friends coming to visit lug a rolling suitcase full of beer to give out to the hospital staff. They were pretty cool about it.

My gelatin process- boil water, add gelatin, let it bloom fully, stir, and then nuke it 10-15 seconds at a time, stirring in between until it completely dissolves. Add to COLD fermenter. Wait 3 days. Done.

If you can get premixed *fresh* liquid isinglass, that's easier to use and just as effective, plus will resettle if it gets roused, where gelatin won't (hence why isinglass is the standard for casks). The problem is the premixed liquid is stupidly unstable and typically not viable any more even while still on the LHBS shelf. The powder is a royal PITA and stinks something fierce, but my god it works wonders.

Also, fish guts. No less gross than horse hooves or bone marrow or whatever it is they make gelatin out of these days.

The FIL eats fast. By tbe time if put the two kids in their chairs and grabbed two quick pulls of Pils he'd devoured his grub.

He likes the Pils.

Finished work early today to do some stuff. Stopped to check the scenery on the way back from picking up kid

Texas is pretty this time of year I tell you hwat

View attachment 348108

Sounds like my kids. I go to grab a beer or a condiment and they're done eating. Cute pic!

Ruination #3 and watching hockey.

When no one tells you they changed the shoes on the prowler, and pushing half the weight you normally do (that you could previously throw around with relative ease) makes you almost black out...

I'm going to go die now.

Hrm.... Looks like an interesting exercise.

Water, cleaning the kitchen, and bedtime. Beer tomorrow, small race Saturday with the 6yo. Plan to get a real run in afterwards.

FTR - started the cold-crash last night, so the beer should be good & cold by now.

I am still hesitant though, since the spigot on the LBK is just above the bottom, and don't want any beer-jello in my bottles. I know Gavin said it should be OK, but having never done it before... yeah, a little hesitant.

Just went through that with my daughter and pneumonia. Sorry to hear that you are there. Scary when kids get sick. The only bright side is hot medical professionals!!!

Literally the only bright side. Especially in a children's hospital. They're the nicest damn people here.

There is cold G-Bot in my fridge. Beer gods have disavowed me at this point.

In the ER waiting room. They've done all the tests already. This girl is miserable.
Hope all works out OK! Best wishes!
Lime Ginger Ale in the food court.
View attachment 348110
I had some witty something to say, forgot, tired and a bit druck
Hrm.... Looks like an interesting exercise.
See above
Water, cleaning the kitchen, and bedtime. Beer tomorrow, small race Saturday with the 6yo. Plan to get a real run in afterwards.

And again, see above, tired night cap of 04/20/16:mug:

Burpees are tedious but easy. It's when you throw other stuff in there, or use burpees as your rest period that it's murder.

I guess that's true. I normally did burpees after some weights already, and they were brutal. At about the 10th one I couldnt even jump. Now I'm just fat.

I guess that's true. I normally did burpees after some weights already, and they were brutal. At about the 10th one I couldnt even jump. Now I'm just fat.

When I started getting into shape around this time last year, 10 burpees would destroy me. Now I'll knock out 15 of them in between weight sets. Or, throw the prowler sled (or rather, explosive push to move it out a distance in front of you), follow it with long jump, burpee, repeat until you've moved the sled maybe 50 yards. That'll knock me to the ground after just a couple sets.

I want some more @m00ps beer. I think Ive read before that you have more beer than you can drink, because you're not an alcoholic like I am, right? I'll totally pay for shipping if you want to send me a sampler every couple/few months. I just dont brew enough exciting stuff to do trades often. I'd feel bad sending you a bunch of cheap DEM and boring lagers.

Damn @1977ishbrewery, first the wife in hospital and now the daughter? :(

Hope everything is OK. How's your wife doing?

She's fine. Secondary infection from pneumonia.

Missed something? Best wishes for her. If that's the Dallas Children's Hospital, they will be great...but hope we never see it again.

Cooks in Fort Worth. They're great too.

Hope she is better or more comfortable soon!

She's looped on morphine now.

Here. Wifey and I were supposed to be on a date tonight. Date night challenge thing at church, so we checked this in as our date. I dare someone to challenge it.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459474231.236211.jpg

Back