A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been correctly guessed. Giveaway is now closed.
Quick giveaway time! First friendly friend in the contiguous US to reply to this post with the correct answers to the following questions wins beer. One guess per post, one post per member. If no one has guessed correctly after an hour has passed, everyone gets another guess, so on and so forth.
Let's see how well you've ignored me. ;)

Questions:
1. What's my favorite beer style?
2. a) What beer style did I absolutely hate up until 4 years ago?
b) A trip to what brewery changed my mind about that style?

Go!

I think they ruled out appendix, but no one has outright said it. Smoking hot PA is here now.

Okay not appendix. Ovarian cyst. Again she's just like her mother.

Gotta love attractive medical professionals! I deal with them all the time, which is always enjoyable :D

First time having Ruination 2.0 and can honestly say this is really good right now.

Who ended up winning the friendly popularity contest?

7ECxJxn.gif

IV meds for pain? Cmon doc, there's cold Sip Of Sunshine in my fridge.

Somewhere a high priest of beers prayed for me to be punished.

Wife left at 5pm for a Home Depot run, to pick up a new garbage bin. I text her at 5:25 to say she should bring back some Chinese food since that Home Depot is near our favorite Chinese place. She texts me at 6pm with pictures of the garbage bins she's thinking of. 35 minutes of just looking at garbage cans and not being able to pick one out??? It's times like this I truly don't get her.

Wife left at 5pm for a Home Depot run, to pick up a new garbage bin. I text her at 5:25 to say she should bring back some Chinese food since that Home Depot is near our favorite Chinese place. She texts me at 6pm with pictures of the garbage bins she's thinking of. 35 minutes of just looking at garbage cans and not being able to pick one out??? It's times like this I truly don't get her.

She picked one out that fast? Lucky!

Power went out so I'm out on the deck (pollen be damned) enjoying this.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459466280.306049.jpg

And although belated, this did remind me of you @hunter_la5

Last edited by a moderator:
QOTD - Long Trail Ale while skiing in Killington Vt. Split a 6 of it with my dad while relaxing in a hot tub after a full day of skiing. I think I may have been in high school at the time.

QOTD2 - My favorite cartoons growing up were Ren and Stimpy, Anamaniacs, and Thundercats. The third on a rewatch while in college sucked though I still find the desire on occasion to shout "SNARF!"

Screenshot_Snarf.jpg

When you just moved in and have a lovely lady in your life, you have to break the house in somehow.

ancient hardwood floors. For the most part they were in decent shape, they were just under rugs for most of their existence. The previous owner died in the house and had a few dogs who weren't exactly house broken. I'm still working on removing all those deep, deep stains. Everything has been since sanded down. I'll find a picture of them...really nice floors once complete

Uh, huh. Sure that's how you got them.
And now I feel like a dirtbag. I was not insinuating you did anything with your kid.

I knew that I should have called out of work to stay at home and drink beer. F this stuff going on in DC.

When no one tells you they changed the shoes on the prowler, and pushing half the weight you normally do (that you could previously throw around with relative ease) makes you almost black out...

I'm going to go die now.

QOTD - Long Trail Ale while skiing in Killington Vt. Split a 6 of it with my dad while relaxing in a hot tub after a full day of skiing. I think I may have been in high school at the time.

QOTD2 - My favorite cartoons growing up were Ren and Stimpy, Anamaniacs, and Thundercats. The third on a rewatch while in college sucked though I still find the desire on occasion to shout "SNARF!"

Screenshot_Snarf.jpg

When you just moved in and have a lovely lady in your life, you have to break the house in somehow.

Uh, huh. Sure that's how you got them.
And now I feel like a dirtbag. I was not insinuating you did anything with your kid.

I knew that I should have called out of work to stay at home and drink beer. F this stuff going on in DC.

I still randomly do a snarf from time to time. Just to keep on my toes

Nice nice.

Of course, he probably will skip my post saying he won and will never PM his address. In which case, I'll have to send this Coors Light to someone else.
He's probably cardboard tube fighting tonight. @psylocide @cardboardtubefighter @matt

Sounds like a winner to me. I love Citra.

Hope you don't mind settling for TX beer.

Is it wet and has alcohol?

Plus I've had some great TX science lagers. But some transplant made those, so probably doesn't count.

All right, youse guys & goils that use gelatin - I have GavScienceBro's pictorial to help me with fining using gelatin for later tonight, but one thing I need to ask - do you stir the gelatin into the beer, or just pour it in? I would think it needs to be stirred in, but I don't remember that ever being said. NOT saying it was never said, just that I can't remember seeing it.

All right, youse guys & galls that use gelatin - I have GavScienceBro's pictorial to help me with fining using gelatin for later tonight, but one thing I need to ask - do you stir the gelatin into the beer, or just pour it in? I would think it needs to be stirred in, but I don't remember that ever being said. NOT saying it was never said, just that I can't remember seeing it.

Gentle stiring with a sanitary stirrer wont hurt. Just make sure you do not splash an add O2 to it

All right, youse guys & goils that use gelatin - I have GavScienceBro's pictorial to help me with fining using gelatin for later tonight, but one thing I need to ask - do you stir the gelatin into the beer, or just pour it in? I would think it needs to be stirred in, but I don't remember that ever being said. NOT saying it was never said, just that I can't remember seeing it.

Step one: Open package of gelatin
Step two: Pour contents of package in trash can
You can stir it into the trash if you'd like. That's up to you.

The FIL eats fast. By tbe time if put the two kids in their chairs and grabbed two quick pulls of Pils he'd devoured his grub.

He likes the Pils.

Finished work early today to do some stuff. Stopped to check the scenery on the way back from picking up kid

Texas is pretty this time of year I tell you hwat

View attachment 348108

Your daughter is a felon now. Its illegal to pick blue bonnets lol. Love seeing them on the road. Beautiful.

Back