A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Commercial Suicide. Love this beer.

No pic, bath time for the short one.

Enjoyed meeting hunter_la5 at Branchline Brewing, albeit for a very, very short time. Interesting brewery, and good to prove that someone DOES exist in the real world, and is not just an AI constructed by or homebrew overlords!

Yep. Frozen mango chunks from Costco. I read a bunch of posts about pureeing, boiling 'em, mixing with vodka... and just decided "funk it, I'm just gonna toss them in".

I've used mangos in hard lemonaids. I've found that Brewer's Best Mango extract adds a nice touch in case the frozens don't give enough flavor for you. Just fyi.

Drinking a Nebraska Brewing Co. Sexy Betty, Brandy barrel aged imperial stout while listening to two Swedish gals talk. Wish the beer was more impressive and therefore distracting. Can't help wondering what the word "threesome" is in Swedish. But I have a feeling I'll never find out.

Drinking a Nebraska Brewing Co. Sexy Betty, Brandy barrel aged imperial stout while listening to two Swedish gals talk. Wish the beer was more impressive and therefore distracting. Can't help wondering what the word "threesome" is in Swedish. But I have a feeling I'll never find out.

trekant - you're welcome. Remember, pics or it didn't happen. :) Also, for everyone else, don't google Swedish threesome in front of your wife...

How's the cellar cleaning?

Slow going, but getting rid of a box of pumpkin beers did help. I think I'm down to around 150 or so bottles

trekant - you're welcome. Remember, pics or it didn't happen. :) Also, for everyone else, don't google Swedish threesome in front of your wife...

Slow going, but getting rid of a box of pumpkin beers did help. I think I'm down to around 150 or so bottles

I've never gotten into the pumpkin beer scene. I am good for one pumpkin beer every couple years. Not my thing

I'm also a no go for pumpkin beers. But I'm willing to try again. There's a Rumpkin and a Pumpkyn in my cellar waiting for pumpkin season, or until I run out of beer.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459045452.927902.jpg

Hobbit Toes 3: The Pellicle Brief

Really crispy. It's all Nelson, super citrusy. No funkiness from the bug, yet. It won't last long enough for it to come back I hope.

I'm also a no go for pumpkin beers. But I'm willing to try again. There's a Rumpkin and a Pumpkyn in my cellar waiting for pumpkin season, or until I run out of beer.

View attachment 347201

Hobbit Toes 3: The Pellicle Brief

Really crispy. It's all Nelson, super citrusy. No funkiness from the bug, yet. It won't last long enough for it to come back I hope.

Looks tasty!:mug:

Trekant,... No surprise it's not a word I've heard her use before...

I've never gotten into the pumpkin beer scene. I am good for one pumpkin beer every couple years. Not my thing

One or two pumpkin beers a year is about my limit. Rumpkin & PumpKYn being exceptions to the rule. I can drink one or two of those each.

Somehow this year, I got around 20 of other pumpkin beers.

I prefer the PumpKYn of the two Averys.

Easter bunny is filling up eggs with goodies. I'm managing to not eat too much candy while helping.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459045921.964257.jpg

It's Easter, why are we talking about pumpkin beers?? Sorry I'm 1/2 drunk and barely following.

Drinking WalMart Cola, super classy.

One or two pumpkin beers a year is about my limit. Rumpkin & PumpKYn being exceptions to the rule. I can drink one or two of those each.

Easter bunny is filling up eggs with goodies. I'm managing to not eat too much candy while helping.
View attachment 347202

Cool Candy coins! Got any candy bills?:D

Pretty chilled Saturday.

Purse shopping and ceviche + tacos in the am was as exciting and as tasty as it sounds.

Beers at nap time while working on my sunburn

Egghunt in the afternoon and then Vietnamese food. Good food day.

Invited a few of the other Dads from the hunt back for some HB. No takers.

About to field test that mead I sent you @1977brewer. I'll let you know if it tastes like burning or shoe polish.

It's Easter, why are we talking about pumpkin beers?? Sorry I'm 1/2 drunk and barely following.

Because nothing says. Easter like a pumpkin stout! :)

In reality, I found a box of pumpkin beers that should have been thrown out 6 months ago, but I just did it today.

Cool Candy coins! Got any candy bills?:D

The coin is real. Our Easter bunny drops about $5 in nickels, dimes and quarters in the eggs. Each kid also has an egg with their name on it with a $1 bill in it.

You definitely won't like them. Go ahead and send them here so they can reunite with their siblings that are currently sitting in my cellar.

Drinking WalMart Cola, super classy.

I'm drinking Kroger cola. Even classier. ;)

Because nothing says. Easter like a pumpkin stout! :)

In reality, I found a box of pumpkin beers that should have been thrown out 6 months ago, but I just did it today.

Whoops! I sent you a Pumpkinator didn't I? Didn't realize I was contributing to the problem.

View attachment 347202

Ha I am filling eggs with the same selection

I am having a HB DIPA, "Tweedledee", brother to the one I sent '77 - same recipe except the dry-hops: all Amarillo instead of Citra/Simcoe. It's 2 weeks in the bottle, and carbed so nicely. It's also ****ing delicious. This sixer will be gone tonight, saving the last one for next weekend.

Camera is borked. No pics. Didn't happen. I just burped orange.

Oh yeah - don't play "the drinking game" while watching Three Sheets unless 1) you want to get hammered quickly, & 2) you have a six-pack to kill. In 30 minutes.

Yowza.

Back