A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My memories of Sunday school are a bit vague, but I seem to remember that today is the day in which we give thanks and remembrances for that holy day in which @Gavin_C(hrist), the Science Man himself, gave us his life and died for our sins so that we may have beer.

Thus, let us all raise a toast in his memory, and wish him a Happy Birthday in true Easter tradition. I'm eating breakfast right now, so I'll be raising an actual slice of toast, but the rest of you alcoholics feel free to raise a glass of beer or to celebrate the death and resurrection of @Gavin_Untaggable in whichever manner is customary to you.

Happy birthday, Gavin.

Happy Easter friendly friends.
Ugh slightly hungover from last night. Drank a bunch of RIS and IPAs at the shiny ribs concert. Need to get motivated to cook the sides for lunch at my brothers house this afternoon.

Happy Easter to all that care!
Happy brew day to me, first batch is cooling, second is mashing.
Had the sloppiest bacon, egg and cheese sandwich known to man, homemade bacon none the less, twas delicious!
Beer soon:rockin:

Bottling my red pale ale this afternoon. For anyone interested, the red x malt is worth picking up for a red beer. Leaves a nice crystal like sweetness without being too sweet. This is very well balanced. Its 100% red x malt. I'm very glad i picked up a bag of this stuff.

View attachment 347259

Love that color. I wonder how it would fair in a saison

Nice! I don't recall any good beers on our cruise.

Swmbo's brother is taking the kids out for a bit so we can clean up the house. Maybe I'll have a :taco: afterwards. Then it's beer time.

They've stepped up their beer game for sure. At least Carnival has. First time was BMCs and the standard imports (Guinness, Red Stripe, Heineken, etc.) Then they added a couple other things, and a house red ale. Now apparently they have a bunch of CCB stuff. I might die...been nice knowing you guys.

They've stepped up their beer game for sure. At least Carnival has. First time was BMCs and the standard imports (Guinness, Red Stripe, Heineken, etc.) Then they added a couple other things, and a house red ale. Now apparently they have a bunch of CCB stuff. I might die...been nice knowing you guys.

Nice. Royal was mostly BMC and run of the mill imports. I ended up drinking a lot of Stella. The only place that had a very small number craft options was a small "Irish pub" themed bar on the lower decks that was always crowded and loud.

And I always had to ask for a glass, which I then had to pour myself. Most of the bartenders sucked.

Sweet! Enjoy the trip!

Time for a beer.

Bottling my red pale ale this afternoon. For anyone interested, the red x malt is worth picking up for a red beer. Leaves a nice crystal like sweetness without being too sweet. This is very well balanced. Its 100% red x malt. I'm very glad i picked up a bag of this stuff.

View attachment 347259

Nice! I have a red rye IPA I used 80% Red X in, I hope it comes out as red as your beer did.

Was that sent to you or is it available locally?

Edit; the Tired Hands

No, it was sent to me. I don't think TH has any distro outside the brewery

Looking at the label of the first one, I'd say it's local to Blizzard.

;)

The first one was "local" to me. It' also a brewery-only release (tickets or membership required for purchases) and the brewery is a few hours from Denver.

No, it was sent to me. I don't think TH has any distro outside the brewery

The first one was "local" to me. It' also a brewery-only release (tickets or membership required for purchases) and the brewery is a few hours from Denver.

Oops... I was sorta right, but mostly wrong. My bad...

:eek:

Love that color. I wonder how it would fair in a saison

That is something i want to try as well as a sour. This was a 2.5 test batch that I'm gonna scale up and then ill be doing either a saison or a sour. Ill keep you posted.

Nice! I have a red rye IPA I used 80% Red X in, I hope it comes out as red as your beer did.

I'm sure it will, its like ruby red. I'm really happy and impressed with the color I got.

I'm sure it will, its like ruby red. I'm really happy and impressed with the color I got.

That is a beautiful red color fins. 100% red x grist? (Think you said already)

Happy Easter Sunday to everyone. Another beautiful day here deep in the heart of TX.

Brought the little ones to the zoo this morning. They had a blast as usual. So did I if truth be told.

Spent the afternoon doing some very exciting tax prep and now working on my farmer-tan sipping a stupid simple HB cider in the garden. No pic. Probably not happening.

Beer to follow.

Back