A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im actually sort of curious on how much a shipment to Norway would run. I had shipped off a few boxes to Hawaii that were expensive. I shipped on to Canada that wasn't as bad. I've never done anything overseas.

I'm honestly not sure. My mom's sent a couple of boxes, but I forgot to ask how much it cost. We expected it to take quite a while, but it was actually relatively quick. Under two weeks both times.

I was mainly just giving him a hard time. I would never expect anything from you friendlies. I would imagine that I would also have to pay taxes on it once it reached the post office. The government here loves to tax the hell out of alcohol.

I was mainly just giving him a hard time. I would never expect anything from you friendlies. I would imagine that I would also have to pay taxes on it once it reached the post office. The government here loves to tax the hell out of alcohol.

From what I understand Norway has one of the highest tax rates in the world. I don't think it was top 5 but maybe in the top 10-15 or so.
Don't worry, Philly isn't too far behind. The new mayor is proposing a 4 cents per ounce sugary beverage tax. Because the 10.00 per pack of cigarette tax worked so well

Taking stock after the Texas trip and a few purchases around town.
The good news is I don't have a drinking problem.
The bad news is, a drinking problem is the only way to solve my beer buying problem.

Whatcha get? Once i post my haul everyone will think im insane.

Man that sucks being sick on vacation away from home. You need to get one of those fine little Cajun voodoo queen to put a spell on you and fix you up.

It does. Sunday i didnt leave the hotel. My throat kills. I hope its not strep

Actually, I've had a curious question about this one rumbling around from time to time...as an American citizen working abroad, are you taxed from both the US and Norway? Or is that only when coming back home over 10k.

From what I understand Norway has one of the highest tax rates in the world. I don't think it was top 5 but maybe in the top 10-15 or so.
Don't worry, Philly isn't too far behind. The new mayor is proposing a 4 cents per ounce sugary beverage tax. Because the 10.00 per pack of cigarette tax worked so well

As far as alcohol and tobacco tax, I wouldn't be surprised if they're way up there. My FIL does a lot of snus. When we travel, he always asks us to pick up some from the duty free. We live a pretty far distance from Sweden, but it's actually worth it for him to take a trip there, buy like a year's supply or something like that, and spend the weekend there. He stills saves money. And we're on the other side of the country. People that live on the east side take frequent trips over there for alcohol, tobacco, meat, and cheese products.

Actually, I've had a curious question about this one rumbling around from time to time...as an American citizen working abroad, are you taxed from both the US and Norway? Or is that only when coming back home over 10k.

The US has agreements with most countries that you don't pay tax twice. If I was bringing back over 10K, then yes, I'd have to pay taxes, you're right. But since I have a residence permit, I only pay income tax here.

The US has agreements with most countries that you don't pay tax twice. If I was bringing back over 10K, then yes, I'd have to pay taxes, you're right. But since I have a residence permit, I only pay income tax here.

Interesting.

I learned something new today. Whelp, see ya tomorrow, folks! :ban:

We get taxed on our taxes. It's taxing.

Morning.

200.gif

Yep, was brought up yesterday. Consensus was its better than them selling to ABinbev and hope that it means wider distribution. Also that Huna just tripled in value.

Why did huna triple in value? I think it was a better move than inbev. These breweries are selling left and right.

Why did huna triple in value? I think it was a better move than inbev. These breweries are selling left and right.

Just go with it. Everyone that has sent me beer in trade for Huna, kindly sent 2 more of whatever secured the trade. Thanks!

Whatcha get? Once i post my haul everyone will think im insane.

Nothing crazy. I picked up a couple bottles of JK, some Blue Owl, live oak hef, and a couple random bottles. I think I got something from Oddwood and wine barrel aged Four Swords. I've got three trades I'm trying to get out this week though, so the stockpile is growing.

Latest posts

Back