A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sources cited. Clearly the opinion of a crazy person who enjoys shopping at Target a little too much...

daily-morning-awesomeness-35-photos-14.gif

Welcome back sucka.

Some people heading to target scare me...

target.jpg

Yeah but look how many pizza's he's pulling out of that basket. Besides. Shopping carts are for chicks. You're not a chick... are you?

*defeated glance at feet*

although I am supremely stubborn about thinking I can get away with a basket and always cram stuff in it until the handles start to bend and my shoulder starts yelling at me. I broke one of them once but that apparently isnt enough to teach my ******* a lesson

Watching pup just go to town on a pair of wife's shoes. Guess we'll need to move our shoe rack somewhere else. no real place to put it though.

You realize this is digital evidence of your lack of concern for these shoes right?

Damn @BGBC - glad you made it safely but that is the most stressful kind of driving.

Question for all you friendly friends - has anyone ever used the Coopers carbonation drops? I had more beer than would fit in my keg and rather than mix up sugar and fill five or six bottles, I put it in a growler and threw four tablets in. I'm wondering how long it should take to carb before I throw it in the fridge?

Taking a walk after lunch. Mostly to avoid my boss who wants to continue a discussion from our hour long meeting this morning and before our hour long meeting this afternoon. SMH.

Damn @BGBC - glad you made it safely but that is the most stressful kind of driving.

Question for all you friendly friend - has anyone ever used the Coopers carbonation drops? I had more beer than would fit in my keg and rather than mix up sugar and fill five or six bottles, I put it in a growler and threw four tablets in. I'm wondering how long it should take to carb before I throw it in the fridge?

Taking a walk after lunch. Mostly to avoid my boss who wants to continue a discussion from our hour long meeting this morning and before our hour long meeting this afternoon. SMH.

Aren't they basically just sugar?

Question for all you friendly friends - has anyone ever used the Coopers carbonation drops? I had more beer than would fit in my keg and rather than mix up sugar and fill five or six bottles, I put it in a growler and threw four tablets in. I'm wondering how long it should take to carb before I throw it in the fridge?

Nah, but I have just put a spoon of sugar in each bottle once. Took a week to carb up, for the ones that did.

I used them for my first 2-3 beers. They are just sugar. 1 drop is supposed to give avg carbonation (maybe 2.3-2.4 vol co2?) to 12oz of beer. They do take a bit longer to carb since it takes like 2 days for them to fully dissolve. Id turn the bottles upside down once or twice a day if you want to speed things up

My first batch ever used the cooper's tablets. I used two per bottle per the instructions, some were over carbed, some were not carbed at all.

Aren't they basically just sugar?

Yes.

I've used them for small batches, when I'm feeling lazy, etc. 1 tab per bottle has gotten a reasonable carb level.

Any concerns about carbonating in a growler though? Not being rated to handle the pressure, etc.

I've carbed in growlers a couple times. No bombs, but that sure doesn't mean it isn't possible. I also carbed fairly low (~2.3vol)

Thanks for all the replies.

It's a heavy flip-top growler so I think it will hold okay. But maybe I'll move it to the sink tomorrow to be safe.

Not a Tired Hands flip top, is it? Those things seem to have a terrible track record, if I remember correctly.

I used some NB brand ones and every time I tried using them I got gushers. 1 per bottle and still crazy carbed. Scared me off all carb drops for good. I think I got a bad batch as I've heard lots of people use them no problem.

Fat Tire isnt bad, but it's nothing good. It was commonly the only non-BMC beer at places in Texas 5 years ago and I'd happily drink it.

yay!!! The waffle food truck is here today. Pulled chicken with bbq and honey on a Belgian waffle was had. Not as good as the Korean pork belly from a few weeks ago, but certainly more then serviceable

I think I had a fat tire on Monday, actually. Wife was on an amber kick so we just rolled through the store and got singles of anything brown.

Back