A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Majestic land dolphins

S0qY40m.gif

The Psylocide Kumdo/Kendo Tournament Giveaway Pool for Friendly Friends

attachment.php

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to all who entered... while I couldn't bring home any sweet bling, I had a great time and thought that it was pretty anti-climactic to have the contest just fall on its face as well. A consolation prize is more than I got, so let us all revel in the friendliness and consider it payment for all of the words of encouragement I received.

I put your names in a spreadsheet in the order you entered the competition and ran a RNG from 1-29.

View attachment 344355

View attachment 344359

We have our big winner! Congrats @blizzard ! Shoot me your address and I'll discuss details with you.
Congratz Blizzard ... :mug:

No, completely normal to send a doll made out of human hair to your internet friends.

It isn't made from human hair, only made with human hair. And some finger- and toe-nail clippings.

Maybe a spare tooth.

The Houdoun gods call for these materials, who am I to piss them off??? Just be glad I didn't send the chicken and/or chicken blood. I figure he can get that himself.

Whelp, looks like the whelp got me. Running a fever and have a horrible stomach ache all day.

Worst part is watching the family down ribs as I walk back to the bedroom to lay down.

Waaahmbulance incoming.

Yeah, thanks to everyone for all the encouragement, meant a lot.

I am still waiting on the promised "Best of" comments about the tournament. Otherwise I got all creative for nothing.

figures.

Unless of course you posted it already. I skipped every message from when I left work on Friday night through this morning some time so I havent kept up.

Still on the gatorade. Endoscopy went well. I have pretty bad esophagitis and the dr says i should permanently avoid coffee and alcohol. I will significantly cut back, but dropping entirely isnt an option. I get another scope done in 12 weeks to make sure im healed. If im not all better they will perform surgery. If im all better i will have the choice to have surgery to avoid taking the assload of pills they want me on. At least in the meantime there is percocet

Yikes. No bueno. Here is to a full recovery. Glad that it went well this time. Kinda funny that since your esophagus is not happy they decide it is a good idea to push a camera down it. Must feel lovely.

Colleague bought thai food for me this evening. Is it bad that my green curry is now a nice shade of orange? Am I going to regerat it tomorrow? Or later tonight?

Still on the gatorade. Endoscopy went well. I have pretty bad esophagitis and the dr says i should permanently avoid coffee and alcohol. I will significantly cut back, but dropping entirely isnt an option. I get another scope done in 12 weeks to make sure im healed. If im not all better they will perform surgery. If im all better i will have the choice to have surgery to avoid taking the assload of pills they want me on. At least in the meantime there is percocet

That is not good man. You need a break in all this drama/health. Hope it goes well after you heal.

Hanssens oude lambic

Went out for a wee bit of a celebratory dinner. That had a lot of local beers on tap.

After hearing the romantic interplay between @Hunter_LA5 and @thecadjockey I couldn't pass on "Dankosaurus". It was good but not as dank as I would have hoped. There was little hop aroma. Probably not a fresh keg. I don't know. Going to make a big ol' dank IPA this weekend. Pound of hops. That's all I know so far.

Also had a Peticolas Velvet Hammer. Great beer. Would glug again A+

Loved me some Velvet Hammer. Drank many a pint at Meddlesome Moth. Do they have any other good beers? I left when they had just put out their second. It was mediocre, but I cant remember what style.

Went out for a wee bit of a celebratory dinner. That had a lot of local beers on tap.

After hearing the romantic interplay between @Hunter_LA5 and @thecadjockey I couldn't pass on "Dankosaurus". It was good but not as dank as I would have hoped. There was little hop aroma. Probably not a fresh keg. I don't know. Going to make a big ol' dank IPA this weekend. Pound of hops. That's all I know so far.

Also had a Peticolas Velvet Hammer. Great beer. Would glug again A+

Velvet Hammer is the bomb.

I have a can of Dankosaurus in the fridge. I'll see if it's as dank as the one I had on tap. Tomorrow probably.

Think I'll brew a pale of some sort this weekend. My chico slurry has been dormant for a good 4 or 5mo I tihnk and I'm too lazy to starter, but brewing an ipa in a few weeks; so I'll just brew a generic pale and see wazzup. Debating on just going for quaffer or trying something intredasting. What should I experiment with, @m00ps ?

Think I'll brew a pale of some sort this weekend. My chico slurry has been dormant for a good 4 or 5mo I tihnk and I'm too lazy to starter, but brewing an ipa in a few weeks; so I'll just brew a generic pale and see wazzup. Debating on just going for quaffer or trying something intredasting. What should I experiment with, @m00ps ?

Cascade SMASH, shoot for 5.5.

I'm not m00ps tho.

Back