A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you take that pic? Such a tempting hit and run target if not for the possible collateral damage.

Having a friends "failed" black IPA. Too much roast for what he was going for, but I could crush copious amounts of this. Very tasty.
View attachment 344235

I was pulling up to my driveway and saw him on the street struggling. I started to video him in hopes that he would fall and eat a bag of stuff. He never looked back. He just thought he was the coolest guy on the block.

Busy afternoon in the brewery. Rather than rehash here, you can read here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7468477

Barleywine sample that is already very smooth.

Checked out your post. Beautiful illustration of your process. What type of yeast are you adding at bottling?

Are the corks and caging primarily for esthetics (which are stellar BTW) or are you carbonating to a high level? Or is it a bit of both?

Checked out your post. Beautiful illustration of your process. What type of yeast are you adding at bottling?

Are the corks and caging primarily for esthetics (which are stellar BTW) or are you carbonating to a high level? Or is it a bit of both?

Thanks for the kind words. CBC-1 yeast now. When I originally billed I added Chimay, but the 12.5% ABV was too much for it, I think. Carb level won't be that high, I went cork & cage for aesthetics pretty much exclusively.

Thanks for the kind words. CBC-1 yeast now. When I originally billed I added Chimay, but the 12.5% ABV was too much for it, I think. Carb level won't be that high, I went cork & cage for aesthetics pretty much exclusively.

CBC-1: Never heard of that yeast before. Cool looking product. Thanks for the answers.

I think this is my last Tropical IPA. Decided not to just drink a whole 4 pack of Bigfoot. Can't remember why I decided that.

10406500_1103211539701770_1400249892366617954_n.jpg

Steak and an old speckled hen, then probably gonna move onto a Brett IPA. Lettin the sweet potatoes cook a bit before throwin the steaks on.

Hey friendly friends! Miss me? I wouldn't either, lol.

It was a busy weekend. Taught a class yesterday on beer, consulted on a new home construction for a draft system install and met with someone selling a local beer bar. Hoping to buy that with a few others, the owners want me to take over so nothing changes.

Drank too much after class, gave some drunk chick a piggy back ride in a bar for a scavenger hunt for St. Pattys day weekend part 1.

Damn I'm tired. Also: **** Daylight Savings time bull ****.

Hey friendly friends! Miss me? I wouldn't either, lol.

It was a busy weekend. Taught a class yesterday on beer, consulted on a new home construction for a draft system install and met with someone selling a local beer bar. Hoping to buy that with a few others, the owners want me to take over so nothing changes.

Drank too much after class, gave some drunk chick a piggy back ride in a bar for a scavenger hunt for St. Pattys day weekend part 1.

Damn I'm tired. Also: **** Daylight Savings time bull ****.

Who are you?

Holy crap! Before reading the post and zooming in, I thought that was a picture of snow. Stay safe!

So did I. Incredible looking hail

Hopefully they continue to miss y'all.

Stay safe. We have dodged the storms and flooding, so far.

Thanks for the well wishes. Looks like the worst is gone. Still raining though. I think as of this morning we were 7" of rain for the week. It's worse south of me.

Thanks for the well wishes. Looks like the worst is gone. Still raining though. I think as of this morning we were 7" of rain for the week. It's worse south of me.

Holy ****. Glad you and the family are ok. How's the damage to your stuff looking?

Holy ****. Glad you and the family are ok. How's the damage to your stuff looking?

Actually not bad. It's mostly pea sized, so it just bounced off everything. We knew it was coming, so luckily I was able to get the vehicles out of the weather which was my main concern.

Back